World Team Final & Gymnaverse Performance

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

falcon9

Staff member
Defender
Thank you all for being a part of Gymnaverse! As you are watching Worlds… please post here if you are having any performance issues / bugs with the site. This is the busiest the site has been in quite some time and I just want to hear from you all how everything is going during a busy time.

fail video games GIF by G1ft3d

I had two issues replying to the thread. The first was UI related. The reply button was very small and generally close to an advertisement. It was difficult for me to find initially.

The second was performance related. A lot of times I would hit the reply button on the side bar, or the reply bar at the bottom of the screen and nothing would happen for several seconds.

My final observation is more stylistic. I don’t like the way replies aren’t directly associated with a comment. I find it annoying to have to click the response icon at the top of a response to see what someone is replying to. I feel like embedded and indented responses are common on web forums for a reason.

Embed helps with following a conversation, endless scroll helps with timeline. On Reddit, it is tough to keep track of when people posted.

The site has been quite buggy for me today; e.g., periodically reloading for no apparent reason, slow to respond when I click or type. This is the first time I’ve had issues these Worlds.

Thanks again for all the work you do!

I agree about replies being hard to follow - one of the things I dislike most about the site.

Site performance has been fine today. The last couple days I occasionally has issues with the site not loading.

• Admin
My final observation is more stylistic. I don’t like the way replies aren’t directly associated with a comment. I find it annoying to have to click the response icon at the top of a response to see what someone is replying to. I feel like embedded and indented responses are common on web forums for a reason.
There is no way to run threaded replies using the software that we use. Forums are traditionally flat. Social media and blog comments have become the norm and they are threaded… reddit is threaded. I have actually thought about this a ton… but it is not changeable with this software. This is an article on it form the guy that created this software…

Last edited:
48.png
jezmerallia:
There is no way to run threaded replies using the software that we use. Forums are traditionally flat. Social media and blog comments have become the norm and they are threaded… reddit is threaded. I have actually thought about this a ton… but it is not changeable with this software. This is an article on it form the guy that created this software…

Web Discussions: Flat by Design
Embed helps with following a conversation, endless scroll helps with timeline. On Reddit, it is tough to keep track of when people posted.
Legitimately just realized there was a way to embed which comment you’re responding to.

You can, it just takes extra work and in a during-competition thread, most probably won’t make the effort. You can also use the arrow that shows who the person replied to to jump back, then again, then again to find out who they were talking about. 🙂 which i had to do a few times today.

You can, it just takes extra work and in a during-competition thread, most probably won’t make the effort. You can also use the arrow that shows who the person replied to to jump back, then again, then again to find out who they were talking about. 🙂 which i had to do a few times today.
Test

The site has been quite buggy for me today; e.g., periodically reloading for no apparent reason, slow to respond when I click or type. This is the first time I’ve had issues these Worlds.

Phone or desktop?

I agree about replies being hard to follow - one of the things I dislike most about the site.

Site performance has been fine today. The last couple days I occasionally has issues with the site not loading.
Test again.

If you can get it to auto-quote like the old WWGym, that would be amazing. I’m replying to you to see if your test is working.

I couldn’t connect to the site from my phone for a while (mid-comp). It was just loading for around five mins before I gave up. When I came back to it (once the comp had ended), it loaded straight away.

This was a major issue for me with both team finals. I had to give up because the site would crash and then reload, and would take me back to messages I had already read. It did freeze on me. I was at work so I had to use my phone instead of a desktop.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back