r/Gymnastics is dark (Invite your friends)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I was on wwgym and international gymnast forum . I mostly lurked (and still do) and I honestly don’t remember when I joined, maybe 2009? I was Katiebird on one and I think kitty13 on the other, I don’t remember for sure but used to use that name alot. I do check the gymnastics subreddit but I guess I’m old, I much prefer the organization of the forums.

I’m old too. I can’t find things on Reddit when I want to go back t and read it again.

Oh no. Gross. Not you, or Cher! But the cockroaches.

I know you’re in NC now too… you must have encountered the legendary Palmetto Bugs (aka, huge outdoor-dwelling cockroaches that sometimes find their way inside houses during the summer down south)?

I remember watching the movie Wall-e with my nephew in 2008 (around the time i joined WWGym, actually!) And thinking his little pet cockroach was cute. Living in North Carolina has dissuaded me of that notion. Thoroughly.

EDIT: I am SO RELIEVED to have found my people again, I stumbled upon you all a couple weeks ago. I’ve occasionally ventured into the Reddit gymnastics sub and always regretted it. It’s so nice to be able to discuss gymnastics without politics or crazy fangirls who don’t know anything about the sport before say, 2008.

I was brg09 so i decides to stay that way. 09 was my college graduation year.

Last edited:
Welcome, glad you found us again!

Yes, alas, I know palmetto bugs. And they get in the house far more frequently than I like. The first time I saw one, I turned to my husband and said “We are moving back to DC right now.” Sigh, I’m still in NC.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back