Gymnaverse Software Change

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

falcon9

Staff member
Defender
giphy.webp

First off… thank you all for being part of Gymnaverse!

I’m going to keep this short as it is a necessary change / update at this time. The site software will be changing sometime in the next week. As this change happens… please contact me at [email protected] if you have any issues logging in to the new site.

All site content (threads… posts… etc.) will be migrated to the new software.

The primary focus of this change is making the site easier to maintain so it can live on into the future forever.

Again… thank you for being a valuable part of this great gymnastics community!

Everything is loading massively faster. I just clicked through all the threads that were marked unread and everything popped up instantly (on desktop, haven't been on mobile yet.)

So this thread wasn't appearing in my "latest" list, is there a reason why? Also, since all threads are new, you start on page 1, jump to new, but new seems kinda random. It was hopping me to October for the social media thread. Now that I've scrolled to the end, will jump to new take me to actual new or will entering the thread automatically take me to new now? Y'all need to start takling more. Make up some gymnastics rumor or something.

Ok, I marked everything as read and then x-ed out the unread and now it is showing latest which includes this thread, so, cool. But coming back into the thread started me at the top, not the end and there didn'tseem to be a jump button. Maybe there is a setting I need to find...

Last edited:
The interface is much more user friendly and less "harsh" on the eyes, more modern too.

Will take a second to get used to it.

Also will need to learn the new shortcuts as :romania: is no longer the flag of romania. and :uk: is no longer Great Britain.

I knew those by heart! ARG

So this thread wasn't appearing in my "latest" list, is there a reason why? Also, since all threads are new, you start on page 1, jump to new, but new seems kinda random. It was hopping me to October for the social media thread. Now that I've scrolled to the end, will jump to new take me to actual new or will entering the thread automatically take me to new now? Y'all need to start takling more. Make up some gymnastics rumor or something.

Ok, I marked everything as read and then x-ed out the unread and now it is showing latest which includes this thread, so, cool. But coming back into the thread started me at the top, not the end and there didn'tseem to be a jump button. Maybe there is a setting I need to find...

None of the "read data" was transferred over from the old site... that means that everything is effectively new right now. Read data is stored for 90 days. This means that once you haven't visited a thread for 90 days... it will take you to the beginning (post #1) of the thread.

I am so happy that you all are liking it! I really think this site is going to become really active as we move towards the 2024 Olympics.

Outer Space Yes GIF by NASA

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back