Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kaylia Nemour

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Flavia Saraiva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ellie Black

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
How on earth would Nemour be able to upgrade to a DTY? Her FTY is Shang Chunsong level.

Haha. I just searched her 2023 Worlds vault and I think the comparison is fair there, but the most recent FTY from a few days ago does seem significantly better. Even so, the Olympics are this month, so an upgrade might be wishful thinking.

With Jess out I would love Esposito to get Bronze! I think it is more likely to be Suni which is also fine by me!

Esposito! The international judges absolutely love her. She would be a huge winner if they go back to Tokyo judging.

What do you mean by that?

Also - while looking up Kinsella's recent vaults at 2023 Worlds I saw her do a mildly scrappy DTY for a 9.266 E score -- which reminded me that vault judging seems to have taken a sharp strict turn within just the past season. Was there a specific directive given to do that? Is it going to hold for Paris? And for the love of god why can't we enjoy even one abbreviated quadrennium worth of relatively consistent scoring?

What do you mean by that?

Also - while looking up Kinsella's recent vaults at 2023 Worlds I saw her do a mildly scrappy DTY for a 9.266 E score -- which reminded me that vault judging seems to have taken a sharp strict turn within just the past season. Was there a specific directive given to do that? Is it going to hold for Paris? And for the love of god why can't we enjoy even one abbreviated quadrennium worth of relatively consistent scoring?
I am so annoyed by this as well. However, given the choice I would much rather scoring be looser like we saw in Londan and Rio as opposed to overly strict, like we saw in Tokyo. The super harsh judging really puts a damper on the competition for me.

I don't mind strict Tokyo judging as long as it's been like that all quad. It's when the judging has been lenient during the quad and then the judging is strict at the Olympics. This isn't Target; you can't let somebody get away with something for so long and then bring the hammer down on them when an Olympic medal is on the line.

Especially when certain teams and athletes got judged in 2022, 2023 Worlds and now in Paris.
It shouldn't be a surprise showing up at the Olympics and getting scored much lower then at the past two Worlds.

Tokyo would have been fine, but Doha and Stuttgart were not scored the same way. It is unfair to the athletes and teams. Having to make last minute changes to routine construction because of unexpected deductions sucks.

Or even Beijing, where the judging kind of went both ways. Cheng's Cheng was downgraded in 2006, but Shawn Johnson's underrotated Cheng was accepted in 2008. Or how the judges allowed Shawn to be a triple World Champion the year before, but then wanted to ding her on her leaps and jumps that were always an issue in Beijing. Not saying they were wrong, but they should've dinged her in Stuttgart so the message was sent and she and Chow could've worked on that in the year leading up to the Olympics.

True!

Though Shawn was a master at getting her left leg/foot moving forward in a step that was deceptive to the eye in terms of fully rotating. SHE KNEW WHAT SHE WAS DOING.

where as Cheng Fei landed and THEN stepped forward with her right foot. it was a bit more obvious it was under.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back