Whip Full (C) or Full (B)?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Didn’t they already pull one of these figisms with the whip on beam tho?

Last edited:
I do think that making it a C is an unnecessary value raising.

My guess is they are trying to make whip-full + BHS + triple twist or full-in a 0.2 bonus. I don’t see the need for that much bonus there. I mean, we have Filatova doing whip-full through to double full on granite floor back in 1931. I could do whip-full to full when I was 15 on the dirt in my backyard.

On the trampoline that is used for FX today, tumbling out of a whip-full is really not that hard. B is enough. Gymnasts will only get bonus as long as they do a D or more for the other element either way.

Last edited:
BTW, what about a gymnast who does Rudi + back layout? Shouldn’t that then become D + A if they are going to be consistent?

Myzdrikova’s Triple full + back tuck … should be F + A?

This one element is an exception.

Well exactly. They can’t have one “value raising” rule for one skill, and then ignore the entire concept for every other interesting connection where value raising would encourage interesting connections.

Either make value raising the concept underpinning the COP, or don’t. Picking and choosing it for certain skills, and not others, is just another annoying irrational move from the FIG WTC.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back