Whip Full (C) or Full (B)?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Doug1233

Defender

Apparently, it’s a whip full if you do another salto after it…

@Denn your dreams have become reality.

It’s considered a whip full as long as there is tumbling out of the skill, whether or not it’s a salto. For Bontas, it doesn’t make a difference in terms of CV because both B and C - indirect D earn 0.1.

I would love for people to take advantage of this. If one can master whipping the full to create momentum and a solid block for the next element, that next element can sometimes be easier than doing it from a back handspring (I used to do power tumbling and learned to tumble out of baranis, whips, and whip-fulls into doubles due to wrist injuries).

So I Imagine a whip-full+2.5+front full would get 0.4 cv? I’d be here for it. I wonder if a barani is given the same treatment? There was a woman at Missouri who competed a barani+double full second pass; I’m sure some elite could do a double tuck or 2.5 from a barani relatively easily.

It’s considered a whip full as long as there is tumbling out of the skill, whether or not it’s a salto. For Bontas, it doesn’t make a difference in terms of CV because both B and C - indirect D earn 0.1.
Is it that it needs have tumbling out of the skill, or does it need to be connected to a salto - either indirectly or directly? Somewhere in my mind I recall that it required that a salto follow it. I’ll try to find the newsletter or old version of the Help Desk that gives the clarification.

Edit -
I did look at my notes from Guadalajara in Dec 2016 - Andrianova (floor exercise presenter) stated that the whip salto with 360° turn was only credited C if followed by a salto - either indirectly or directly - other wise credit B (BWD layout stretched with 360°). Is this a change in the 22-24 code?

Last edited:
So as long at ANY salto eventually follows a whip full, its a C? RO–whip full–double tuck and RO–whip full–BHS–double tuck, the whip full is a C either way?

Yes, according to what was presented at the intercontinental course in 2016.

RO + whip 360° + FF + BWD salto tuck would be A + C + A + A.

Bontas with indirect is C + D for CV 0,10 but the above whip 360° + immediate BWD double salto tuck is CD for 0,20 CV (and rightly so!).

Last edited:
It’s considered a whip full as long as there is tumbling out of the skill
I guess the main point of my thread is that this is explicit value raising, despite the FIG making clear that value raising should absolutely have nothing to do with D Panel.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back