Upgrades and Submitted Skills spotted in Paris

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Rebeca did do the Amanar for years before so it wasn't a brand new upgrade
I mean yeah, but had she ever done it at an important meet? Maybe I'm blanking but I don't think so

Rebeca did the Amanar in Rio but not sure about after though

I do love her for busting out the Amanar to save us from Skinner GOLD medalist. I miss the days where someone would do an upgrade as a surprise like when Cheng Fei did the piked full in dismount in 06 FX EF when Bieger had already beaten her qualifying score

Last edited:
That is still one of favourite moments in the sport. Fell in love with her gymnastics in Athens and after dealing with 04 EF, not qualifying in 05, messing up her new combo pass at GBR vs CHN; I stood up cheering as soon as she landed that. Don’t remember if I apologised to the people behind me. I’m not a very spontaneous person, but that was one of those magic moments when I just knew one of my favs had done it.

She doesn't strike me that way either which is why I'm struggling to believe that the TTY will materialize. However, if it is rotated cleanly, it would be a safer option than the Amanar and protecting her body by going with the safer option DOES strike me as an Andrade-type of decision so maybe it will happen.
I'm firmly in the camp of the tty not happening.
It was leaked and clearly under rotated; not even close. She has not attempted it at any competition or hinted at it.
Big NOPE!

I think the problem might be that it’s unlikely that vault will be her only event final. She may well make all 4. So it would be super risky to throw it in event final

And that's why I fear for Simone sometimes. She's been lucky that she's built like a brick house and has avoided injury, but sometimes I think that luck will run out and she'll have an Ait-Said-type break.
Please do not even think it . . . . much less say it . . . . much much less write it

I feel pretty good about the chances that Andrade will throw an Amanar in vault finals (if not a triple)

more than likely, Andrade will know what she needs to do
1721865170146.png

Triple L might not be the "Jones" after all.
Lieke Wevers and Naomi Visser of the Netherlands have both submitted the skill.

It is valued at E (.5)

Also Andrade submitted the TTY.

FIG decided to deviate from the Yurchenko twisting guidelines and award it 6.0 instead of expected 5.8

Only MAG skill submitted is the Ait Said

Do you have to show the skill in order to submit it? I know you have to do it in the competition to get it named but can anyone just submit a skill to get a rating? Did Andrade actually show the skill to the judging panel?

Do you have to show the skill in order to submit it? I know you have to do it in the competition to get it named but can anyone just submit a skill to get a rating? Did Andrade actually show the skill to the judging panel?
No. Anyone can submit anything. It’s purely administrative, to allow the technical panel to accept it as a valid element/variation and then award a provisional rating

The TTY has been submitted several times, going all the way back to Zamo. I think Shallon Olsen is the most recent.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back