Upgrades and Submitted Skills spotted in Paris

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Sasha

Defender
Reaction score
In the interest of avoiding mega-threads, I thought I'd start a new thread for upgrades that are starting to trickle in pre-Paris. We've heard that Suni is back to her Tokyo routine on bars. Scott Bregman is also reporting that Andrade threw a whip-DLO in training:

I hope that all this upgrading on vault and floor means that her knees are feeling strong and healthy. Though maybe it just means that it's the Olympics, and she's going for broke.

Scott is a journalist for Olympic Channel (or Olympics.com?). I think he is a generally trusted source.

I cannot wait to see if Rebecca's TTY upgrade materializes. I would think she trains it minimally and might not show it in podium training. Maybe we won't know until vault finals.

I cannot wait to see if Rebecca's TTY upgrade materializes. I would think she trains it minimally and might not show it in podium training. Maybe we won't know until vault finals.
Just imagine if Andrade does the TTY and Biles 1 and Simone busts out the Biles 1 and 2!

In the interest of avoiding mega-threads, I thought I'd start a new thread for upgrades that are starting to trickle in pre-Paris. We've heard that Suni is back to her Tokyo routine on bars. Scott Bregman is also reporting that Andrade threw a whip-DLO in training:

I hope that all this upgrading on vault and floor means that her knees are feeling strong and healthy. Though maybe it just means that it's the Olympics, and she's going for broke.

As long as her body can handle the force of it, it could be a brilliant move for her. It might help her be less likely to overpower it and bounce out of bounds.

Currently writes for Olympics.com, formerly a USAG media person.
Scott is a journalist for Olympic Channel (or Olympics.com?). I think he is a generally trusted source.

Scott was also a member of the University of Michigan Men's gymnastics team and did quite a bit of media work for them post-graduation. In terms of his online gymnastics community contributions, he was part of the GymnStands crew and also posted on GGMB.

I can hardly imagine that vault final. I’m hoping for no falls and healthy knees.

It would be so cool to see a TTY.
And then Chiles wins bronze with a DTY and Lopez lol. (I understand that Carey is likely to 2-per her if Chiles doesn't show either of her upgrades, but it's still an outside possibility.)

Nothing short of dementia will let me forget that injury. And that's why I fear for Simone sometimes. She's been lucky that she's built like a brick house and has avoided injury, but sometimes I think that luck will run out and she'll have an Ait-Said-type break.

If that did materialize, do you think she would get rid of the double pile at the end?
I hope so. I think she could do with the Suni Lee strategy. One less pass to unnecessarily go OOB on.

omg yes, get rid of the double pike that cost her gold. fully in. However, Rebeca doesn't really strike me as the kind to materialize upgrades out of nothing, does she? I mean, she did the Amanar in Tokyo but that's the only thing I can think of. Or maybe that switch ring connection too?

Rebeca did do the Amanar for years before so it wasn't a brand new upgrade

omg yes, get rid of the double pike that cost her gold. fully in. However, Rebeca doesn't really strike me as the kind to materialize upgrades out of nothing, does she? I mean, she did the Amanar in Tokyo but that's the only thing I can think of. Or maybe that switch ring connection too?
She doesn't strike me that way either which is why I'm struggling to believe that the TTY will materialize. However, if it is rotated cleanly, it would be a safer option than the Amanar and protecting her body by going with the safer option DOES strike me as an Andrade-type of decision so maybe it will happen.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back