Training Watch

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Interesting that this new vault indicates that Suni is thinking about returning in 2024.
Too early to read into it, but a Cheng would make her highly competitive in elite.
But also it is a win-win for Auburn, Suni needs to do more than a FTY.
Especially if she wants the NCAA AA title either this year or in the future.
Auburn has looked like a top 4 team spoiler lately as well, so adding another 10 to the vault line up will be crucial if they first want to make nationals and second to try to contend with Michigan, Florida, Utah, and Oklahoma.

Ok I just watched it 18 consecutive times on Twitter. It’s a little “I think I have a UTI” with the hands for my taste, but it could be worse. You can’t reach for your crotch and bend your knees on a front layout and still call it lovely. Even if you’re Suni. It’s just science.

100%. THATS the hill I will die on.

If only there was like, some way to differentiate scores accurately based on execution in addition.

I miss the 90s so much.

Is the Omelianchik entry version named after anyone? I know I could look this up myself, but I don’t want to. The only people I can remember competing it are Bhardwaj in Athens and Anna Grudko in 07.

No name for it in the COP.
Why didn’t Bhardwaj submit the vault to be named? She submitted her bars skill.

No, I think she was from one of the lower-ranked countries. I want to say somewhere in Latin America, but I’m not sure.

I think Hypolito vaulted a straight front. McIntosh probably did the straight front full named for her.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back