The FIG (finally) publish the 2022-2024 Help Desk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Even outside of Donatella’s nationalism, the FIG rulings aren’t consistent; this is listed as a credited connection in the video above (post #8). The front aerial is landed with arms behind, then they go forward, then they go back again to wind up, and then forward again to do the next element:

Helpdesk2022-connection-example4-slowmo

Make it make sense.

Even outside of Donatella’s nationalism, the FIG rulings aren’t consistent; this is listed as a credited connection in the video above (post #8). The front aerial is landed with arms behind, then they go forward, then they go back again to wind up, and then forward again to do the next element
I’m on my phone right now and can’t watch the whole video, but i think the case here is still that the arms are down. They are in front of her, but still down. As part of a mixed series, I believe this would continue the series but get an extra arm swing and rhythm deduction.

That’s a huge extra arm swing to me. I get that the rest of her body keeps moving but there’s no doubt on the extra arm swing.

It’s the type of connection that I think should be allowed because in my mind it’s connected, but that the rules as written shouldn’t allow.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back