FIG 2022-2024 Code Of Points

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This code would’ve been great for Komova if she got her split alignment under control on BB well enough to do rings in combo.

DTY

Inbar 1/1 + Komova II + Ricna EEE .4
Scheder + Pak + Van Leeuwen FDE .3
Inbar 1/2 + laid out Jaeger DF .1 (likely downgraded)
Fabrichnova F
FFFEEEED 4.2 + 2.2 + .8 = 7.2 (or 7.0)

Arabian + split jump + straddle FBB .2
FF + loso BC
Switch leap + ring jump + Korbut CDB .3
Switch ring + back tuck + stag ring ECB .2
Free walkover D (+ dance series if missed connection above)
Turn A
FF + bhs + Patterson BBG .1
GFDCCEDC 3.5 + 2.2 + .8 = 6.5

1.5 + double Arabian + stag CEA .3
Memmel D
Switch ring + ring jump CC
Double tuck + split jump DA
Split jump 1/1 C
3.0 E
EEDCDCCC 3.0 + 2.2 + .3 = 5.5

Total: 24.2

Although a precision deduction for a clearly intended 1/4 turn is WAY overbearing (my beef here is with the code as written)

Wait, I thought that was allowed. No additional value, but allowed.

But isn’t part of the difficulty rating for ‘cross-wise’ jumps on beam based on the fact that landing on that plane (no foot staggering possible) is harder and so a 1 1/4 leap would undercut that in a way that is more fundamental than a simple ‘precision’ error?

I more meant that it can be treated as a full turn, without the deduction for going past, but with the lesser D value for cross instead of side landing. There is no need for an execution deduction unless the turn is actually off the intended mark as made clear by the performance/choreography.

I more meant that it can be treated as a full turn, without the deduction for going past, but with the lesser D value for cross instead of side landing. There is no need for an execution deduction unless the turn is actually off the intended mark as made clear by the performance/choreography.
I guess its a grey area - because they say “consider the jump to be from cross position” (so that resolves the D Panel connundrum) but if a gymnast starts in side position and the rules say the jump must be “deemed in cross position” then surely she has committed a precision error by starting the jump from the wrong position?

I think if it is clearly intended it’s a reasonable judgement call to go “she meant to do that” and then only take the deduction if she’s not exact on the 1 1/4. I would probably make the judgement call to not take that deduction.
Though not sure if the powers that be would fully agree with that.
Honestly the takeoff is as hard as the landing on that jump in my opinion, unless you’re trying to rebound out of it into another skill. Having actually trained some pretty difficult jumps back in the day because dance was what I was best at (side wolf full out of a connection never made it into my routine but I did try it). But that’s a bit of a digression.

Last edited:
Yeah I also don’t agree with deduction for precision on turning dance elements if it seems intended and is done with confidence. When you dance center of the room after barre in ballet, pirouettes are done from the down left corner of the room to the down right corner of the room and vice versa, so the extra 1/4 turn we often see into the corner before a tumbling run doesn’t bother me

I would devalue the element but wouldn’t deduct an original skill as intended

hop to reverse grip + Healy + Li Ya + Jaeger EED .4
1/2 turn to L grip + Ling + Cappuccitti + Pak + Van Leeuwen EFDE .5
1/2 turn to reverse + Healy 1/2 + double tuck 1/1 ED .1
FEEEEEDD 3.9 + 2.2 + 1.0 = 7.1

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back