Team USA Leotard Reveal: Get Your Eye Bleach Ready!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Kara

Reaction score
Thought this horror show deserved it's own thread.
e5011-180-go-for-glory-replica-tank-leo-alt.jpg
e5013-016-star-spangled-shine-replica-tank-leo-alt.jpg
e5015-180-freedoms-grace-replica-tank-alt.jpg
e5016-116-american-anthem-replica-tank-leo-alt.jpg
e5017-152-usa-elegance-replica-tank-leo-alt.jpg
e5018-152-patriotic-poise-replica-tank-leo-alt.jpg
e5019-116-sovereign-sparkle-replica-tank-leotard-alt.jpg
e5012-160-luminous-legacy-replica-tank-leo-alt.jpg

I...don't hate them. Not my favorite leos I've ever seen by any metric, but they're not offensive. Though I don't like the low v-cut thing leos have going on today.

The first one is definitely the team final leo. The one Jordan is wearing is the qualifications leo. My predictions.

I actually love them! Granted - you can be blinded by the amount of bling, but I expected that. Yeah - I'm a fan!

I do not think they are that bad. I do not like the navy blue ones which Suni and Jordan are wearing. And i generally do not like the high collars. But Simone's, Hezly's and Jocelyn's leo are fine.

Last edited:
The blue and white ombre is nice, which of course means it won't be worn in competition. I kinda hate myself for liking the firework. The rest are god awful. Reddit loves them all, lol.
Reddit has terrible taste. I can't figure out what's up with the random swirls on a couple of them either. Whoever designed these should be fired. They're trying way too hard to be unique, I think?

Reddit has terrible taste. I can't figure out what's up with the random swirls on a couple of them either. Whoever designed these should be fired. They're trying way too hard to be unique, I think?
This. It's all just too much, too many fabrics, too many designs, too many rhinestones; they always look like someone had 20 ideas and couldn't make a decision so they just threw them all together. Someone needs to learn less is more.

This. It's all just too much, too many fabrics, too many designs, too many rhinestones; they always look like someone had 20 ideas and couldn't make a decision so they just threw them all together. Someone needs to learn less is more.
Yeah, it's like I get people were tired of red leotards after the 00s and 2012, but this...is not it.

All except the flag leo in one screenshot for easy comparison:

1720620693782.png

The blue/white ombre and the white are okay, although I don't love white in general. I like the colors on the red one, but not the styling. I don't care for any of the others at all, although I'm willing to concede the fireworks one might look better in motion.

The flag one is definitely earmarked for team finals, and I hate it. I'd actually be down for a geometric flag leotard, but not that execution of it.

Suni is not impressed, lol.

Attachments

• 450672477_1016297709858991_5417552297461164072_n.jpg
    450672477_1016297709858991_5417552297461164072_n.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 122
I truly do not understand why they need $3,000 leotards (according to the Washington Post that is the cost)!
Because it's the Olympics and we're America. "Go Big or Go Home" should replace "E Pluribus Unum."

The names of the leos...

Flag: Go for the Glory
Blue with plunging neck: Luminous Legacy
Grey with star bodice: Star Spangled Shine
White: Freedom's Grace
Blue ombre: American Anthem
Red/Blue ombre: USA Elegance
Red: Patriotic Poise
Fireworks: Sovereign Sparkle

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts