Social Media Paris Athletes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It's kinda ridiculous isnt it. Everyone needs to stop giving her attention instead of obsessing over everything she does or making everything about her
That's a thought.

People are claiming on Reddit that Simone is bullying MyKayla because she posted this and a bunch of other gymnasta are commenting and "ganging" up on MyKayla.
However, MyKayla never said anything bad about Simone.

I applaud Simone for making MyKayla accountble for her words and at the same time standing up for her teammates.

MyKayla needs to learn from this that she needs to be better. She's a mother. Would she ever want someone to speak about her daughter the way she so freely spoke about others, some of whom she was teammates with and friends with.

@Bob it says "And still I rise".
It also is the name of the Netflix documentary "Simone Rising".
She got the tattoo in recognition of the Twisties, Tokyo, social media hate, and rising above all of that. She mentioned it inthe documentary I believe.

random question but what is does Simone's tattoo on her shoulder say?
Probably something lame like "Simone 🩷 Jonathan 4ever."

I'm more interested in Jordan's tattoos, though my inner organizational freak wishes they were some sort of...order? Like maybe one on her shoulder, one on her wrist, etc. It kind of reminds me of one of those SUPER BUSY Lisa Frank coloring books with tattoos just all over the place.

Random question but did any of either US team go on any morning shows like Fox and friends?

I believe that no US Olympians will do non-NBC TV hits until the games are over. USOPC is very protective of the NBC sponsorship/broadcaster rights.

Maybe Olympians will do a quick spot with their various local news stations, but don't expect to see them on Good Morning America tomorrow.

Because Simone is a total social media addict and has never show the slightest bit of restraint (or professionalism, imo).
It's going to become a big problem when the lack of restraint and need to post every thought that pops into her head has the Internet turning on her. She's enjoying having the grand majority of the general public's support but the world is fickle and she says something even a little out of line and she'll have a shitstorm on her head.

Because Simone is a total social media addict and has never show the slightest bit of restraint (or professionalism, imo).
I am sorry to be late to this discussion, but I am a bit shocked. Judging by the number of likes this comment received, lots of you think Simone has NEVER shown the slightest bit of professionalism?!

I am sorry to be late to this discussion, but I am a bit shocked. Judging by the number of likes this comment received, lots of you think Simone has NEVER shown the slightest bit of professionalism?!
She has gotten away with her social media habits because she's Simone Biles. She's 27 and married. She should know by now not to get involved in social media drama.

Skinner has already been rightfully dragged once. After winning gold, Simone, Jordan, and Suni decided she needed it again for some reason. They are behaving like they are 11.

She has gotten away with her social media habits because she's Simone Biles. She's 27 and married. She should know by now not to get involved in social media drama.

Skinner has already been rightfully dragged once. After winning gold, Simone, Jordan, and Suni decided she needed it again for some reason. They are behaving like they are 11.
But criticizing what is happening now is very different from saying a 27 year old athlete has never shown the slightest bit of professionalism.

I disagree. Skinner needed to be held accountable for her words, and Simone ever the advocate, defended and supported her teammates. I am glad that she made the comment and Skinner blocked her in response. Skinner is the coward here, she could have used the opportunity to apologize to the gymnasts she hurt and promised to do better. Instead she has not and blocked Simone. Cop out.
I am Team Simone here.

I disagree. Skinner needed to be held accountable for her words, and Simone ever the advocate, defended and supported her teammates. I am glad that she made the comment and Skinner blocked her in response. Skinner is the coward here, she could have used the opportunity to apologize to the gymnasts she hurt and promised to do better. Instead she has not and blocked Simone. Cop out.
I am Team Simone here.
She did apologize. They can hate her all they want, but move on already.

Simone never said anything when McKayla sent out petty tweets about Gabby in 2016. She complained about people trolling on social media and I thought she would have learned the harm words can cause. Turn the other cheek.

She may be addicted to social media and may like most social media addicts care too much about what people think of her. But I’m Team Simone too. I’m glad she got that jab in on Skinner. I think Skinner still deserved that massive clap-back because it’s the consequences of her own words hitting her.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back