Social Media Paris Athletes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Hah, I see it now

E9B201A4-5512-4D4D-8FA0-ECE3C8DD9FC4_4_5005_c.jpeg

Maybe Skinner should have worked harder?
The hell of it is, that's exactly why she was usually an alternate and easily 2per'd out. Had she worked harder in the gym and her coach not let her get away with being, well let's face it, lazy, she would've been nipping at Simone's heels and not take three tries to go to the Olympics and not only getting the provisional +1 because the first choice fell at Trials.

The hell of it is, that's exactly why she was usually an alternate and easily 2per'd out. Had she worked harder in the gym and her coach not let her get away with being, well let's face it, lazy, she would've been nipping at Simone's heels and not take three tries to go to the Olympics and not only getting the provisional +1 because the first choice fell at Trials.
Great point. There was certainly no shortage of talent there, which makes the lazy comments all the more ill chosen.

That said, I don't know why Jordan is wading in now about who's blocked who on what social. It's getting rather adolescent. They're too old and successful for this. And practically speaking, we all know Mykayla is one, perhaps two more snarky tweets away from giving interviews about how Simone and co are bullying her. Nobody wants that.

Great point. There was certainly no shortage of talent there, which makes the lazy comments all the more ill chosen.

That said, I don't know why Jordan is wading in now about who's blocked who on what social. It's getting rather adolescent. They're too old and successful for this. And practically speaking, we all know Mykayla is one, perhaps two more snarky tweets away from giving interviews about how Simone and co are bullying her. Nobody wants that.
I totally agree. This is all so childish.

Skinner has always been unaware of how she herself measured up and her own work ethic.

Skinner has always been unaware of how she herself measured up and her own work ethic.
A lot of it was because the people around her only hyped her up and never gave any sort of criticism, constructive or otherwise. Spini had the obligation and responsibility to knock it into her head and get her to work harder. It's similar to Shawn Johnson's camp but at least there, she was a triple World champion going into Beijing and she wasn't getting dinged the way she probably should have been so she and Chow went with the "If it ain't broke" approach.

That said, I don't know why Jordan is wading in now about who's blocked who on what social. It's getting rather adolescent. They're too old and successful for this.

They are indeed too successful for this.

I thought Simone expecially, blessed in the gym, blessed in never having uttered a word out of place.

Now, right when yet again she is so high up she has to look down to see heaven, why would she feel like, how should I say this, not letting go of an ill spoken view, that came from a gymnast the US history barely resisters?

A supporter social media reminded critics of Simone’s hair that the same thing had been done to Gabby. Kind of points out the impossible standard.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back