Russia-Ukraine War: Effects on Gymn World

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The point is Putin has for years been using anything he could to stir up political discord in the U.S.
That’s true. Have you seen the Facebook analytics for the last couple of weeks? Compare them to the previous weeks. The topics trending show the reality of Russian bots interfering in boosting divisive topics.

Yeah, I mean the anti vax stuff they were doing was also an effort to promote their crappy vaccine v.s.Pfizer. But at the heart of all of it is an on going effort to disrupt American society. And they are actually very good at it.

The gymnasts who liked Nemov’s IG post in support of the “Z”:

Apparently also Chuso…

Attachments

• 80FE7F35-0E9C-4805-9B69-7ED37B2490C6.jpeg
    80FE7F35-0E9C-4805-9B69-7ED37B2490C6.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Now I’m not sorry they are banned.

International competition was going to be interesting without them. Now it’s going to be uncomfortable to see Chuso

Last edited:
Welp. It’s not surprising to see so many of them agree, but it’s disappointing from this side. I wonder if there will be some federation switching for any of the current athletes or the FIG/IOC will put the kibosh on that.

Has anyone seen any posts supporting Ukraine from gymnast/coaches who used to be apart of the Soviet Union? I’m curious now as to their views since that post from nemov…I gave up most of social media during COVID and I haven’t gone back yet.

@RedBirdie Said my main thought while catching up on this thread, and I want to raise that up.

@rlayt Are you saying that discord posts have decreased a bit on Facebook because Russians no longer can get on Facebook? (I have not seen that news.)

Sergey Lavrov has given a press conference where he said “we have no plans to attack any other countries”. Then pauses, realises and clarifies “we did not attack Ukraine”

There’s a joke about how Fort Sumter started the US civil war by aggressively attacking the Confederacy’s peaceful cannonballs. I’m getting those vibes from from Russia’s public relations.

Mary Clare, I want to ask again about Brittney Griner. What’s being reported in Russia on her imprisonment and case? What are the locals saying?

I had to look it up as I hadn’t heard about it. Seems to be much more in British and American media than here.

I don’t think it’s either racism or distraction tactic as like I said, it’s been barely in the media here plus if for any reason the government didn’t want her here, they could just cancel her visa.

This morning our neighbourhood had a visit from state police. That is different from the community police. They were giving friendly warnings to people about not going to demonstrations and to not say anything damaging to Russia.

To their credit, they were pretty friendly. The old couple next door to me gave them some cake. These guys are not interested in ordinary citizens mouthing off. It’s headache, paperwork for them. But yes, this type of exercise they don’t normally do, so it is definitely a warning

I have heard people from Russia and other former Soviet Union countries use that phrase “friendly warnings” before. It usually indicates a threat. It’s not “friendly” no matter the demeanor of the people issuing the warning. No?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back