Rules we need changed after the Olympics

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, heck, some of the world cups, it was a struggle to get 8. So let the competition decide how many in EFs. For Worlds and Olympics, they could have an expanded EF of 10 or 12. Top 10 has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:
On the women’s side, this is what EFs would have looked like with 10 gymnasts, max 3 per country

VT: Biles, Andrade, Carey, Skinner, Yeo, Olsen, Akhaimova, Moreno, Melnikova, Steingruber. Murakami goes in for Biles

UB: Derwael, Lee, Ilyankova, Melnikova, Urazova, Lu, Seitz, Fan, Biles, DJDS. Adlerteg goes in for Biles

BB: Guan, Tang, Lee, Iordache, Lu, Black, Biles, Urazova, Saraiva, Ashikawa. Listunova goes in for Iordache.

FX: Ferrari, Biles, Carey, Andrade, Jess Gadirova, Listunova, Melnikova, Murakami, Jen Gadirova, Urazova. Derwael goes in for Biles.

Do the IOC have any say in the number of finalists? So many very different Olympic sports do top eight for the final.

I’m sure someone can bust out a tsuk full 😂. Didn’t Iordache do that one year?

^^And Derwael might not be most peoples’ (any of our??) cup of tea on floor, but she’s made finals before and you could justify it. It’s not some hobo from bufu lol.

Big fan of those lists as well, top 10 with max 3 per country

Yeah, she’s clearly established herself as someone who’s a leading floor scorer this quad, across multiple competitions. We aren’t barrel scraping.

I did 12 at some point but didn’t look at who would’ve gone in as reserve. It was worth noting that 12 got us Sanne on beam. I’ll have to look at who the reserves would’ve been when I have a moment later tonight.

I always thought top5, no matter what country, then two per after was a good compromise.

Last edited:
Yes but she didn’t make an unlucky mistake. She’s been far below her best for a long time now.

On the women’s side, this is what EFs would have looked like with 10 gymnasts, max 3 per country

VT: Biles, Andrade, Carey, Skinner, Yeo, Olsen, Akhaimova, Moreno, Melnikova, Steingruber. Murakami goes in for Biles

UB: Derwael, Lee, Ilyankova, Melnikova, Urazova, Lu, Seitz, Fan, Biles, DJDS. Adlerteg goes in for Biles

BB: Guan, Tang, Lee, Iordache, Lu, Black, Biles, Urazova, Saraiva, Ashikawa. Listunova goes in for Iordache.

FX: Ferrari, Biles, Carey, Andrade, Jess Gadirova, Listunova, Melnikova, Murakami, Jen Gadirova, Urazova. Derwael goes in for Biles.
I am ok with no Murakami on vault, no Urasova or Adlertag on bars, No Lu or Listunova on beam, and no Urasova or Derwael on floor though. So the only gymnast I wouldn’t mind seeing would be Steingruber on vault. So I am good with top 8 and 2 per country.

I thought the BIles on beam was already an H
Yes sorry, it should be an I.

I propose to make Randy on FX an F. Front 3/1 a G. Pod a G. Silivas and Chuso a G (I think the list says this already). Moors an H. Biles 2 an I. Carey a J. Back 3.5 a G. Double Pike front a G.

What are people’s thoughts on a full in pike being an F? They’re really hard to do perfectly. It doesn’t sit right with me that they’re currently only 1 tenth above a Double Tuck.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads