Question about the censor

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

In this thread someone mentioned that we are all adults, and I’m wondering how true that is. Was there a minimum sign up age for this forum? Word censoring doesn’t matter to me, but we may not want to assume that our conversations are absent of minors.

This is a public forum… so kids will definitely be able to see it. This site is very tame compared to many things on the internet that are also easily seen by kids.

Minimum age to be a member of Gymnaverse is 18. This is not necessarily easy to enforce though. Term of service are below and it does state 18 in there…
c4fbefbef29e2911648ef033612480153bc06102_2_20x20.png
Terms of Service General Gymn
These terms govern use of the Internet forum at http://gymnaverse.com. To use the forum, you must agree to these terms with Gymnaverse, the company that runs the forum. The company may offer other products and services, under different terms. These terms apply only to use of the forum. Skip to: Important Terms Your Permission to Use the Forum Conditions for Use of the Forum Acceptable Use Content Standards Enforcement Your Account Your Content Your Responsibility Disclaimers Limits on Liabil…

I was definitely 17 when I signed up for the original WWGYM, but that was back in 2006, and I wasn’t really active until I was 18. Now, on the other hand, I was still a minor when I was on other gymnastics message boards before 2006.

Last edited:
Okay, maybe the correct wording should be that “we are all expected to act like adults…” (cuz if you are a kid on this site and don’t act like an adult, you might get busted and banned, right?)

Also, real talk, if you are a kid who is sophisticated enough to sign up for this site, and interested enough to actually spend time reading content we are posting here, you are going to have been exposed to enough media that some people calling John Geddert a “shithead” or something is not going to be exposing you for the first time to the realities of adult language.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back