Potential upgrades ahead of Worlds

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wow.

So happy that Shilese has found her stride and living up to her potential.

Stalder-Nabieva would that be the Jones??

The skills are amazing! I just hope she can nail them when it counts. She hit everything at Worlds after several falls at Classics and Nationals last summer, so maybe that’ll give her the confidence she needs. Excited to see her competing against the Olympians for sure.

Imagine being a junior a few years ago and being like, “there is almost always room on a us olympic team for a great bars worker, imma focus on that! Oh, gabby douglas is back in the gym? Nbd, she’s gotta be past her prime. Oh, Suni is going to quit ncaa and try again? Well, that’s harder but i can still make it. Skye has added upgrades, oh geez. And now Simone is back, well, she won’t want to do ub…what? As good as ever? Damnit!”

In addition to the flic-flac + bhs + layout Jones posted recently, she has also posted this:

I don’t think I’ve seen a free cartwheel + loso + loso with more amplitude. She lingers in the air. She also recently posted a punch layout 1/1 step-out on floor. She’s got such insane momentum. I think she’s going to be hard to beat for AA 2 spot

Last edited:
Becky showing vault/floor in training. Dbl Arabian + 3/2 to double back and a Yurchenko 3/2.

FX: ADF, 1/2 in 1/2 out, 1 1/2 to double tuck, triple turn
BB: New mount combination, double pike dismount.

The Shushunova on VT looks decent, not really needed for team, but it provides back up, or as lead off in TQ.

It’s an interesting strategy. Not being “useful enough” has kept Becky off teams on a few occasions. Being able to do vault and floor in prelims gives her the edge over Fenton

I wonder how many of those vaults and double arabians she severely underrotated before the ones that made it onto the web, but yes, she seems to realize that she needs to close that gap (even for a 5-person team) to give them no excuses not to take her if she’s hitting and getting the scores on bars.

Paris is shaping up to be such an old lady Olympics! Biles, Downie, Douglas, even Andrade, Saraiva, Wevers, Schafer, Seitz, Thorsdottir, Black (and maybe Melnikova, who knows?) all from 2016 and still contending which was very rare in the past… I’m here for it.

My worry is whether Becky’s lower limbs can take it. I see why she’s trying, because the GB selection process clearly isn’t going to build in any leeway to protect fragile veterans, and it’s not viable to just hope injuries elsewhere hand her a chance. She’s got to take the risk. Just hope it’s not going to be a repeat of 2022.

I agree, every lading has me praying for her ankles especially the double pike dismount and vault.

On instagram she hopes she to showcase her floor. I don’t see an instance where BG would put her in the floor line up (even in quals)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back