Potential upgrades ahead of Worlds

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m glad she is at least vaulting a 1.5 which will help her ankles a bit. But I’m really not convinced her body will hold up.

The double pike is baffling, however. I don’t understand why anyone dismounts with it.

Last edited:
Zhang Qingying and Zhang Xinyi are doing great double pike dismounts. Sometimes a big hop back and an occasional chest-at-hip-height for ZXY but theirs are very good. I don’t think this skill is one that people shouldn’t bother with. It can be very much worth it. Remember Sloan’s?

Yeah, that’s never happening unless there’s a running out of bodies scenario. But it isn’t about being usable, it’s about selection processes.

I hope she goes 56+ at worlds, although a better scoring potential she could actually miss out on an all around medal

wow I had no idea anyone but Yang Bo did that series

I’m surprised we haven’t seen free walkover + straddle/split jump + Rulfova DBD .3 this quad. Also free walkover + ring jump + Rulfova DDD for .5. There’s nearly half your routine 🙂

I still haven’t recovered from the slew of janky Rulfovas we saw in the '97-'00 quad. But it’s nice to see something a bit different!

Jessica’s back training the second loso. I’m curious as to what difficulty she’s aiming for worlds. (Although this skill won’t help my nerves)

Last edited:
wow I had no idea anyone but Yang Bo did that series
Three element(or more) acro series ending in a Rulfova are fairly rare as a whole. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more that have done it, but the only additional ones that come to mind are:
  • Kristy Powell (same series)
  • Svetlana Khorkina (same series)
  • Corina Ungureanu (from two back handspring stepouts)
  • Elodie Lussac (from back handspring stepout + layout stepout + back handspring stepout)

Pay attention, you lazy bum!!! There’s only thousands of posts in the past week or two. You have no excuse to have missed one.

Especially one of onodian’s!

LOL

Is there any international meet ahead before worlds?
I mean brazilian main gymnasts havent competed abroad so far. Im not getting what is the strategy

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back