Past Gymnastics Message Board Memories- Which was your first message board?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 408
  • Start date Start date

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I'm really glad to read the information about KK because I knew something wasn't quite right there and it's nice to have my suspicions confirmed. They've been on a particularly mean streak the last two days and even blocking doesn't help because I suspect they use multiple accounts.

Anyway, hello, I'm a somewhat long-term lurker with a gymnastics background who finally made an account and I'm excited to participate in discussions here!

I'm really glad to read the information about KK because I knew something wasn't quite right there and it's nice to have my suspicions confirmed. They've been on a particularly mean streak the last two days and even blocking doesn't help because I suspect they use multiple accounts.

Anyway, hello, I'm a somewhat long-term lurker with a gymnastics background who finally made an account and I'm excited to participate in discussions here!
Hi. This is the nicest corner of the gymnternet. Most of us regular posters have been around various gymnternet communities for 15-20 years. Yet against the odds, this one has survived.

Hi. This is the nicest corner of the gymnternet. Most of us regular posters have been around various gymnternet communities for 15-20 years. Yet against the odds, this one has survived.
Yup I’ve been following since 2008. Some years more than others.

As long as there has been internet

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

I'm 40 now, and I've been in gymnastics communities since I was a teenager. I remember turning 18 shortly before GGMB went 18+ and being so glad I was old enough. I've never been one to post frequently, though, because I'm not as "in the know" as most others posters.

I'm 53, and I've been a gym fan since 1976, when I watched Nadia in the '76 Olympics. My interest has waxed and waned over the years--mostly with China's fortunes! I'm cautiously optimistic about their chances in Paris, but I flatly refuse to watch any phase of the competition unless I'm happy with the results. (I'm not rearranging my schedule for live broadcasts.)

I turned 55 a few months ago. My introduction to gymnastics was Nadia. I vividly remember using the back of the couch as a balance beam. I turned a cartwheel, fell, and broke a lamp. My parents were not amused. I also remember turning a cartwheel going down the hall and knocking some pictures off the wall. I was way too embarrassed to tell the truth, so I told them I did it just swinging my arms.

I'm 40 now, and I've been in gymnastics communities since I was a teenager. I remember turning 18 shortly before GGMB went 18+ and being so glad I was old enough. I've never been one to post frequently, though, because I'm not as "in the know" as most others posters.
I turn 40 on Monday. I think the first gymnastics forum I posted on was AOL's gymnastics forum when I was 12 or 13.

Hi @Kattar ! I’m comparatively new here, been lurking around for a while but don’t post much. I’m mid 30s and got into following gymnastics in between Rio and Tokyo. Never done gym myself or been involved with it in any way - just a huge fan :love:

But it’s so much friendlier and more relaxed here than on Reddit! My favourite place to read discussions about gymnastics, by far.

But it’s so much friendlier and more relaxed here than on Reddit! My favourite place to read discussions about gymnastics, by far.
This is a uniquely civilized gymnastics on line forum for certain. lt is also filled with extremely knowledgable gymnastics fans, coaches, ex-gymnasts etc and just generally smart and funny people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back