Olympic games Leotards

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I don’t know when the rule changed to allow them, but I do remember a girl from Egypt (?) competing in one at Worlds (?) a few years ago. I remember it being a black unitard and it was very striking against the floor color and thought if a person wanted to emphasize their leg line, the full length leo was a much better choice than a super high cut on the hip leo (with the benefit of not having to worry about a wedgie)

I’d like to add a good word for the Russian men’s team uniforms. They are universally flattering, simple, and yet very Russian. And look good in each of the color schemes we’ve seen.

Edit- and this added on a new day, but I was the last post, so –
Love Jade Carey’s AA leo. Kim Bui in a long-line outfit! The Russians channeling Nastia ala the pink.

Last edited:
I like Suni’s leo. Jade’s is a lovely navy color but too much happening with the crystals.
Melanie’s looks beautiful.

Does that mean we have now seen all the US leotards? If so, what do we think Simone planned to wear for AA?

I think you’re right. I’m sure I heard there was one that was mostly white, with red and blue

GK is selling no- sleeved versions. The team probably has those too.

Last edited:
For being pepto pink leos, I really like Russia’s during the AA. Maybe because the sleeves are a slightly different shade of pink? It’s not like Nastia’s 2008 AA leo or USA’s 2008 podium training leo where they were pepto pink all over.

Last edited:
It’s so abstract it isn’t recognizable.

Before I read the description I thought perhaps it was inspired by the Statue of Liberty’s torch.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back