UCLA @ [19] Oregon State
Scores

P12 Network

Monday, January 24
8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT

[1] Michigan @ Minnesota
Scores

BTN

Links will continue to be added as they become available.

COVID Withdrawals

• Friday’s Arkansas @ LSU meet has been postponed.
  • Illinois has withdrawn from its scheduled Friday meet at Nebraska.
  • Boise State has withdrawn from its Friday meet against Utah State. Utah State will instead join the Arizona meet on Saturday.
  • Both meets between UC Davis and Alaska this weekend are canceled.
  • William and Mary and Penn have postponed their Saturday meet. Penn will instead join the New Hampshire meet on Sunday.

Last edited:
I think it’s probably good in the long run that LSU gets to rest this early in the season with Bryant and Durante’s injuries plus most of the seniors bodies hanging on by a thread, and they moved past Denver on a bye week. If OU/UF have another rough meet, they could jump to 3rd despite not competing lol. As long as they actually compete in six meets before march and i haven’t jinxed them, maybe they’ll be able to finally peak at nationals again. They often peak at regionals or in semifinal, then runn out of gas in finals.

Last edited:
Just going to leave this here. (Spoiler… do I need that?)

Georgia…five straight falls to end the beam rotation. And it was easy 196 pace before that.

Georgia 46.625 on beam. YEOUCH.

but the floor scoring?
Not just floor either but VT scores were high and none of those bars sets should have broken 9.800.
Finnegan was best and hers should have been 9.800. Not sure how Roberts got a 9.850 and both Schild and Cashman should have been 9.650-9.700

The funny thing is that Georgia can no longer continue to give themselves these types of scores at home.
With live streams all over you can watch traditionally lower ranked teams with much better bars than Georgia but with lower scores.

Novel bail + reverse planche combo:

hSBM6X.gif

Marz is out of today’s meet and didn’t travel with the team. That ankle looks rough. YIKES

LIU in their second season just put up a 194.200 against Yale to win that meet.
194.200 isn’t huge number but it is their best ever score and demonstrates that they can now compete with D1 teams.
Even more impressive considering they lost several strong gymnasts. Emma Brown went back to Denver (after taking a Covid year last year) and has been putting up 9.8s on beam and floor for Denver and those two scores are sorely missed. Not to mention her FTY would have been likely the anchor vault and probably would have seen her bars. Allisson Lapp left the team and moved back to France.

They could have been closer to a 195 if not for a bad vault rotation.
48.700 bars
48.600 beam
48.825 floor
these are all competitive with the teams ranked 40th-28th
Teams such as Iowa State, Towson, West Virginia, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan weren’t at that score in last week’s rankings.
Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan still haven’t broken a 194 yet.

It will be fun to watch them as they continue to improve.

I think it’s probably good in the long run that LSU gets to rest this early in the season with Bryant and Durante’s injuries plus most of the seniors bodies hanging on by a thread, and they moved past Denver on a bye week. If OU/UF have another rough meet, they could jump to 3rd despite not competing lol. As long as they actually compete in six meets before march and i haven’t jinxed them, maybe they’ll be able to finally peak at nationals again. They often peak at regionals or in semifinal, then runn out of gas in finals.
For sure. LSU is always taped to high heaven and never puts it all together in finals, consistency- and precision-wise. For all the (very valid) talk of their overscored form, that’s not what’s doing them in.

I wonder if the same effect benefited Michigan last year as well. They were forced to take weeks off in January and February, and that’s another program that’s historically failed to convert good, regular season firepower. Not saying they’ve been overtrained in the past, but it probably didn’t hurt to rest when they’re reliant on so many AA’ers doing that much difficulty.

I wonder if the same effect benefited Michigan last year as well. They were forced to take weeks off in January and February, and that’s another program that’s historically failed to convert good, regular season firepower. Not saying they’ve been overtrained in the past, but it probably didn’t hurt to rest when they’re reliant on so many AA’ers doing that much difficulty.
Resting Wojcik on UB against Minnesota makes me think the coaches might’ve learned something from last seasons rest. Despite being reigning champs and the strongest team rn, they’re short on depth outside the top 6 on each event, vault excluded maybe, and even in 2021, you could see that the alternates didn’t have the scoring potential or consistency to be suitable replacements if an AAer went down.

Speaking of injuries, yikes for UF w/ both Halley Taylor and Ellie Lazzari tearing their achilles this weekend. 3rd torn achilles for UF in less than a year. They have the talent, but I fear the injury bug is going to get them this season (if the postseason curse doesn’t). Bubble wrap Trinity, Leanne, and Megan please!!

Last edited:
Resting Wojcik on UB against Minnesota makes me think the coaches might’ve learned something from last seasons rest. Despite being reigning champs and the strongest team rn, they’re short on depth outside the top 6 on each event, vault excluded maybe, and even in 2021, you could see that the alternates didn’t have the scoring potential or consistency to be suitable replacements if an AAer went down.

Speaking of injuries, yikes for UF w/ both Halley Taylor and Ellie Lazzari tearing their achilles this weekend. 3rd torn achilles for UF in less than a year. They have the talent, but I fear the injury bug is going to get them this season (if the postseason curse doesn’t). Bubble wrap Trinity, Leanne, and Megan please!!
Olivia Karas said later in the broadcast she was slated for bars until she a bad warmup, so it doesn’t seem like the intention was there to rest, but hopefully they can get there against less heated matchups.

Injury bug definitely going around. UCLA is also out Steele, with no sign of Katie McNamara’s VT/BB, and Florida better watch it after the double Achilles ruptures. Losing Taylor is one thing, but Lazzari was a 9.9 machine on beam who was always a safer pick than most or all of the incoming freshmen class there, IMO, and she was also useful on bars.

McCusker is going to shred something if she keeps underrotating her dismount, speaking of:

UF has 2 Achilles plus an ACL in less than a month. Brutal. This season has been gruesome for on camera injuries.

Really cool that Flatley is doing a 3/1 and front double twist, especially in a year that seems to be fully embracing the type of composition that Maggie used for her 2019 floor title (no E’s, and 2 passes).

I’m loving beam this year. I never love NCAA beam. Flight series are a real thing - it used to be that we’d be lucky to see fewer than 11 ff-lo series in a dual meet. Now there are quite a lot of triple series and aerial-lo out there. It’s an appreciated change.

Yeesh, the side view really highlights how early she’s releasing on the dismount. I gotta go look at her routines from last year to see if she was doing the same, or if this an Owen problem.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back