Injuries, sickness and stuff…

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Maybe they figure they’re all exposed to each other anyway? But then, yes, be a bubble!

Yes, I presume if one of them did test positive they’d want to be able to just have her and her roommate isolate rather than all six, like with Kara and Leanne. I suppose one might argue that if Jordan would be out should Simone get covid or vice versa, they lose nothing posting photos of the two of them all over each other, but why Mykayla too?

Since the title is t minus 2 days until podium I am going to be pretty certain they are not old pictures.

My understanding is that they were sharing rooms when they arrived, but when the team moved to their new hotel (in lieu of the village), now everyone has their own rooms, and that’s one of the reasons they chose to stay in a hotel instead of the Olympic Village.

Rooming at the arrival hotel was Simone/Mykayla, Jordan/Suni, Grace/Jade, Kara/Leanne, and Kayla/Emma as I heard.

Simone has been double-masking. The women on the team (wow not a single minor!) all prep the equipment for each other and probably are made to eat together, no? I don’t think it’s outrageous that they’re posing together for photos.

I wonder how careful other teams are being. I’ve see bits and pieces of other teams and there is some lax mask wearing there, too. I haven’t seen pics of them climbing all over each other, but they may have the good sense not to post those.

In the Olympic leotards thread, there are photos of the French, Dutch, Canadian, Romanian, and British teams all within very close proximity to each other.

Romania has a smaller delegation, so I’m a little less worried about them regarding COVID.

Last edited:
Canada and Netherlands only have 4 athletes also. France has 6 with their two alternates. I have not seen Rose Kaying Woo or Naomi Visser or Elze Geurts so I don’t know if their alternates are with them or not.

I can’t speak for all of them, but Team GB gymnasts isolated prior to departure, and have likely created a fairly tight bubble with their team. I don’t know how they handled the flights out, though- if they flew economy with other people then the whole bubble is blown already

I can’t speak for all of them, but Team GB gymnasts isolated prior to departure, and have likely created a fairly tight bubble with their team. I don’t know how they handled the flights out, though- if they flew economy with other people then the whole bubble is blown already
I don’t think it matters much if they flew coach or first class. Once in an airplane you are actually fairly safe because of the ventilation systems. But walking through the airport is a whole other story.

How sad am I? I anxiously watch Instagram for any clue on whether or not there is a new positive on the team. I just saw Cecile posted a story showing all six warming up for their morning practice. Whew! Looks like they passed their covid tests this morning. Safe for another day.

How sad am I? I anxiously watch Instagram for any clue on whether or not there is a new positive on the team. I just saw Cecile posted a story showing all six warming up for their morning practice. Whew! Looks like they passed their covid tests this morning. Safe for another day.
not sad at all, my heart has jumped every time I see new posts in this thread… in the past we only had to worry only about injuries like ankle sprains and things like that… now we have covid tests… I’m not sure my nerves can take this until 8/3 lol

pointless having own rooms when they are all over each other in training for hours each day. Maybe they are relying on the fact the USA would never allow them to be quarantined no matter what.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back