Injuries, sickness and stuff…

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well wishes to Larisa’s health, but it’s good that she’ll only have BB to focus on. I don’t think she broke 14 on bars at all the past four years, so an AA medal was out of the question really

For the love. They are grown women capable of understanding the risks and they are all willing participants in the picture taking. It’s their Olympics, their bodies, and their decision, not ours. They owe us nothing. Let them be.

For the love. They are grown women capable of understanding the risks and they are all willing participants in the picture taking. It’s their Olympics, their bodies, and their decision, not ours. They owe us nothing. Let them be.
Can this be pinned to the top? Hell, let’s pin it to the whole internet while we’re at it.

Everyone knows the risks after 18 months of this, everyone has a different risk tolerance, and most of these athletes have a choice in how they want to handle it. It’s time to accept that you can’t erase covid through outrage and move on.

First of all, 18 year olds are not “grown women.” Second, adults do not get to make their own decisions regarding public health issues. We have myriad laws and regulations concerning these things , not just for COVID.

Is that in the US? Japan and the IOC have asked for masks to be worn at all possible times unless eating or actively training. They either act like a responsible adult and wear a mask or don’t and treated like a child. They’ll be the first ones to cry foul when they test positive.

Oops, sorry, yes that was the US regulation. I now see that Japan/ IOC has different regulations in place.

I think we are able to voice our opinion if we want to, no?

Yes they know the risks and they can take risks if they want to.

But they’re representing Team USA. A team USA fan is more than able to criticise an athlete taking a risk which might adversely impact USA’s Olympic results.

But they’re representing Team USA. A team USA fan is more than able to criticise an athlete taking a risk which might adversely impact USA’s Olympic results.
And it is far bigger than that Doug, no? This is a global pandemic which has had a severe negative impact on the entire world. Health wise, economically, psychologically. The virus, which is unfortunately on the rise again thanks to low vaccination rates and the Delta variant, is highly communicable. What I do impacts what happens next door, in the next city, across the ocean. Its just plain irresponsible. When the sex abuse crisis came out we all were horrified at the lack of care and concern and protection USAG and the USOC gave our athletes. While a different context for sure, the same underlying principle applies. USAG, USOC and IOC has a duty to protect its athletes and for sure its Olympians.

Glad Iordache is still hoping for beam finals

Still gutted for Saraiva

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back