Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, if WOGA can actually keep the lid on this it will probably be the greatest achievement in the sport since Nadia’s 10.

Gabby always looked like one who could jump back into gymnastics and regain her skills like she always had been training.
Yep. I had one of those. She wasnt elite or anything but took the whole year before covid off, and then walked back in and had all her skills back quickly, made Nationals 2 more times and signed a full ride. Other kids miss a month and they are never the same.

I am so curious about this return to serious training. It seemed to me that Gabby was eaten alive by the press and “fans” at the 2016 Olympics (and at other times). It is puzzling to me that she would want to enter into that world again.

I’m hoping that she doesn’t care about “all the haters” and has a reasonably healthy experience this time around.

That’s my thought too. GD is a different person too. If she does train seriously in the right gym she could be a force. Hopefully. I’d hate a repeat of what happened before.

Since I was going through USAG pages for the WOGA gymnasts, I looked up Gabby too. They haven’t updated her gym change (not that I was expecting them too) but they DID update her profile to add that she won The Masked Dancer in 2021 lol.

ShJISv7.png

I think a no-nonsense, no distraction training situation works best for her. The way she looked after the team selection is the best example of that.

I often wonder if she even wanted to be doing all the extra stuff she was doing before Rio.

And also she doesn’t have a creepy coach this time around.

Gabby always seemed to need focus, business-only in her gymnastics which likely didn’t mesh very well with Simone and Aly (and Laurie)'s extroverted chumminess. Madison also seemed to need/want quiet but she didn’t get as much flak about it. I hope she is successful in whatever goal she has set for her training.

It’s no surprise she’s on a break from social media. She can’t share anything personal without certain people making a fuss. If she shared training footage, she’d probably get torn apart for wearing the wrong shade of brow pencil or some other stupid reason.

She attracts a weird amount of hate. She’s quiet, keeps her head down. Doesn’t say or do anything attention seeking. I don’t get it. Maybe some people see her as a threat to their favorites?

I’ve never understood the amount of hate Gabby gets. I’m not a fan, I’ve always found her gymnastics boring yet inoffensive. If anything, it’s usually the gymnasts with stronger personalities that fans have a more love/hate reaction to

I have always liked her, She seems to be quiet and an introvert who just loves to work hard at a sport she loves. I suspect people don’t really understand that personality type in this social media, attention seeking, star seeking, influencer obsessed society that we live in. And what they don’t understand, they tear down. So my quiet introverted self will be cheering her on to do whatever she desires with her sport. Go Gabby!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back