FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

They allowed 2 extra days for them.
Which apparently wasn’t enough. I’m sure that if the evidence they have now had been available, they would have presented it. With any case, you are entitled to ask for it to be re-examined if new evidence comes to light. With a maximum of 10 years (eg the US had until 2018 to try to prove that He Kexin was underage in 2008). Even were she to admit to it now, the results would change, but the federation might receive a ban or punishment

Translated(partially): Carmencita Constantin, President of the Romanian Gymnastics Federation

"I asked for 3 bronze medals because it is possible. I sincerely hoped that Romania's proposal to award three bronze medals to the three sportswomen affected by the inconsistencies and inconsistencies during these competitions would be accepted by all parties.

If the judgment would be made strictly at the level of the International Gymnastics Federation, which judges solely on the basis of rules and refereeing, then it would have stopped at the level of competition. And at the level of the refereeing brigades, subsequent analysis, etc.

This action of ours at CAS is exactly where it started. That we need something more than FIG. We need a fair judgment that also takes into account technology or process flaws in the competition and has the ability to accept a negotiable proposal between the parties.

We had agreed to it, the US side had agreed to it, the Tribunal was willing to agree to it. We had a hurdle that neither we nor the US passed. The International Gymnastics Federation and the International Olympic Committee
were named", says the President of the Romanian Gymnastics Federation

It would make sense to have a big button on the table of the judges that only the coach who wants to submit an inquiry can press it. When pressed, it would record the time. If the time is valid, then they will wait to receive the written inquiry.

Translated: Carmencita Constantin, President of the Romanian Gymnastics Federation(article mentioned earlier)

"After five days and four sleepless nights we made it and slept for 5 hours and those were not peaceful either because our worries did not end with the announcement of the verdict, because we were not entirely satisfied with the verdict.

In the Barbosu case it was partially admitted, only the minute was in question, and in the Sabrina case there was a big fuss in the court and not from the judges, from the International Gymnastics Federation, not to allow the technology issues to be judged on the merits. Because we didn't follow the rules by filing that line challenge.

In my opinion, one is one, another is another, and this will not stop here
"

I think what gets me is the Romanian federation wants to use a technicality (over 1 minute) to dispute Jordan’s inquiry, but then says a technicality regarding Voinea’s OOB not being inquired upon is not okay. You can’t have it both ways.

The garbage vertical cameras were saved by mother Voinea, that's an extra reason to love her. You got to admire her for always finding a way to enter our hearts.
Can you please elaborate? What did she have to do with the vertical cameras?

I would completely ignore everything that the Romanian federation is saying.

Why?

If FRG is going to keep nagging the FIG on the technology issue, that is a good thing. The technology clearly didn’t work and needs to be changed going forward.

We don’t need FIG/IOC rolling up to LA with Omega and their useless cameras again. Or if the IOC insists on it, FIG can put judges in the corners with flags as a fail safe. Judge both overhead AND side view.

It doesn’t say they’re trying to amend Voinea’s inquiry, it said they were arguing that the technology that they used to decide she was OOB was at fault.

It specifically says the FRG sees the inquiry and the camera issue as two separate issues.

I think what gets me is the Romanian federation wants to use a technicality (over 1 minute) to dispute Jordan’s inquiry, but then says a technicality regarding Voinea’s OOB not being inquired upon is not okay. You can’t have it both ways.
I think the difference is that one is human error and the other is a technology error. But I know nothing.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back