FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

A system of reference. Might very well be that it would have been better to have the other one, but I feel a system is better than pulling up random vids, frankly

What will happen next with this? USA wrote CAS a letter and provided some evidence to support their claim that inquiry was on time.
Does CAS need to respond? Can CAS change their original decision? (This may have been mentioned already but there so many replies on this thread).

One the FIG isn't even using themselves?

It ultimately boils down to whether verbally requesting the inquiry or someone pressing the button to signal an inquiry was requested counts as "filing an inquiry".
So it doesn't matter when you requested an inquiry, it matters when the inquiry was recorded?

Yeah, that's a very weak argument, especially when we're discussing 4 seconds. Very interested in seeing how the Swiss court responds.

What will happen next with this? USA wrote CAS a letter and provided some evidence to support their claim that inquiry was on time.
Does CAS need to respond? Can CAS change their original decision? (This may have been mentioned already but there so many replies on this thread).
From what I've read the original decision will not be changed. If the appeal is accepted, we will have a new trial. This will be an appeal based on procedures. Probably the Americans will argue that they didn't have enough time to prepare a defense, the hearings were delayed 2 days, but they still could argue that it wasn't enough time. They could also argue that the judges were biased.
If the appeal is accepted, the only way I see the Americans win is if they prove that the official Omega time keeping is unreliable. Good luck with that.

Why not move the posts from heythere’s new article (#1326) on over here and put a message at the end of that thread with a link to this thread?

I can’t quote anything from that thread to pull it to this thread because locking the thread took the reply and quote options away.

The garbage vertical cameras were saved by mother Voinea, that's an extra reason to love her. You got to admire her for always finding a way to enter our hearts.

From what I've read the original decision will not be changed. If the appeal is accepted, we will have a new trial. This will be an appeal based on procedures. Probably the Americans will argue that they didn't have enough time to prepare a defense, the hearings were delayed 2 days, but they still could argue that it wasn't enough time. They could also argue that the judges were biased.
If the appeal is accepted, the only way I see the Americans win is if they prove that the official Omega time keeping is unreliable. Good luck with that.
If they can show the inquiry was requested at 47s, surely the issue comes down to proving the human error of the D jury pressing the “I have received an inquiry” button too late. not an issue with the time keeping system itself.

If they can show the inquiry was requested at 47s, surely the issue comes down to proving the human error of the D jury pressing the “I have received an inquiry” button too late. not an issue with the time keeping system itself.
You wonder why they didn't prove that at CAS.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back