FIG 2022-2024 Code Of Points

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The Alt on UB needs to be upgraded from C to D. It should be worth at least as much as a Pak so gymnasts can do a high to low transition other than pak or bhardwaj that gets them facing the “right” way and have it be worth it points-wise.

But they both get the new dismount bonus? So 6.9 and 6.5, right?

Last edited:
Great example!

Now that’s clearly not a Fan. But she almost does the entire second salto backwards. So it’s not a “half out” as you’d call it in trampoline.

Imagine if the twist was even earlier. Where do we draw the line between a half out (E) and a Fan (C). The description of the Fan says nothing about initiating the turn on the bar, right?

Personally, I would have kept it at a D. We would have seen tons of them if it was overvalued. Look at Candle Mounts, for example.

Last edited:
Ugh, they can’t even be consistent in the same section. one line says no empty swing deduction for shap elements, the next says there is!
If an empty swing or intermediate swing is performed between 2 elements, or after the second/last element, CV can NOT be awarded.
– Empty swing = swing fwd or bwd without the execution of an element in the Table, before the swing reverses to the opposite direction.
Exception: “Shaposhnikova” type elements with/without 1/1 turn (360°) and the following elements:
[short hand figures]
Note: if kip performed after Shaposhnikova type elements with/without 1/1 turn and hecht ½ turn - apply deduction for empty swing.
So which is it?!

I miss the “bangs head against wall” emoji!

I appreciate that everyone has had work challenges during the pandemic but this code was originally meant to go live five months ago. You’d think with the extra time they’d have ironed out stuff like this.

Last edited:
My reading of that is that there’s no empty swing deduction UNLESS you kip out of it. So if you do a Mo salto, you can empty swing and drop down to the LB with no deduction.

That’s the only way I can reconcile those two statements.

So you can shap up to HB, have an empty backswing, then straddle drop to the LB without incurring 0.5?

Last edited:
I thought transitions without flight weren’t allowed, which is why we stopped seeing the drop after 96?

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

In the 2006 - 2008 COP, there was a 0.1 composition deduction for a bar change without performing an element. However, that has since been removed. Now, you will receive a 0.5 composition deduction only if you jump from the low bar to the high bar, or put your feet on the low bar before going down to the low bar (e.g. Liu Xuan’s transition out of her piked Jaeger at the 1996 Olympics). A drop without foot support (e.g. Mo or Bi) would not receive the deduction.

Ring leap evaluation. This is big! How did we not catch this before?!

Ooh that is big. Is that qualification applied to switch ring leaps and ring jumps as well?

Arabian half out and half in half out are the same, no?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back