FIG 2022-2024 Code Of Points

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

đź’Ż I can already hear Tim daggett trying to explain it during a national broadcast

While wearing a neon pineapple-shaped fur glitter jumpsuit

rs_1024x1279-210724104110-nastialiukin_221707084_222633126429882_7522260733699609402_n

Just here to commentate with knowledge

What is the skill?
She’s doing a free hip - double front dismount (to a pit, but it looks feasible). Think of a Comaneci dismount, but no half twist and two flips instead of one.

She’s doing a free hip - double front dismount (to a pit, but it looks feasible). Think of a Comaneci dismount, but no half twist and two flips instead of one.
Thank you! I don’t have Instagram but I think it did see it on Facebook. it was interesting but would get massacred in execution I would think

It should probably be an H and I doubt Us will ever perform it. But it would probably get an F or G credit I would hope…

Pamchenko is giving awesome updates on Twitter. Wolf turns that turn early before hitting the prescribed position (like McCusker’s) will be downgraded by a 1/2 turn thankfully.

Another confusing/upsetting change, I think for MAG only…

also MAG only I think.

So, does the 1/2 turn in the Derwael have to be substantially completed before regrasp? This was a super grey area of the previous code on these releases. And everyone here is smart enough to know doing a half and then catching in mixed is much more difficult than catching in mix and doing the half turn on the downswing. But is WTC smart enough to make that distinction?
For Tkatchev and Jaeger elements with 1/2 turn, the criteria for giving credit has been clarified as follows. The gymnast must initiate the turn prior to grasping the bar. If the gymnast uses Derawel’s technique where the arms are clearly crossed, but no turn has been initiated, then the element will be credited as the non-turning version of the element (straddled Jaeger 1/2 → straddled Jaeger, Tweddle → Ray, etc.).

I LITERALLY cannot believe that they have removed CV for twisting passes in order to “reduce the difficulty in evaluating” twists.

Like. Mind boggling. And the fact they are being so open about it. “We can’t count the twists so we don’t want you to do it anymore. K Thx Bye”.

this wasn’t even the code with the most twisting combinations, was it? it used to be the MAG routines would be twist-twist-twist-twist-DLO

I’m gonna take a guess at the new Russian bars composition:

Inbar 1/1 - Komova II - Bhadwaj 0.4
Shap 1/2
Inbar 1/2 - Straddled Jaeger 0.1
Orphan 1/2 or KCTHS 1/2
Toe 1/1 - Full In 0.1

EEE4EDD1DD1 = 6.4

Last edited:
Section 11 page 3 - there is a seven tenth difference between a “brush” (0.3) and a “hit” (1.0) on the mat with the feet on UB.

Should the difference between a brush and a hit (whatever TF the difference even is) really be 7 tenths?

Nabieva + Pak FD .2
Inbar 1/1 + Komova II + Gienger EED .4
Inbar 1/2 + Jaeger DD .1
Orph. 1/2
Fabrichnova F
FFEEDDDD 3.8 + 2.2 + .7 = 6.7

I would love to see more Bhardwajs !! I’m expecting them too. Bhardwaj + Van Leeuwen/Chow seems like a connection we’ll see again

7 tenths seems appropriate to me if the flow of the routine is altered. .5 seems too little, 1.0 decidedly too great imo

I could see a difference between a “brush” or “tap” and a hit on the bar, but a brush on the mats is usually more of a technical error than even hitting the other bar. I could see maybe a .5 difference. Maybe. Or maybe go .5 brush, .8 hit, 1.0 punch since we see some of those actually push back off the floor. Edit to add- also if there is a push off the floor, possibly invalidating the following element.

Last edited:
I mean if this is the route, can we please just go for a strong instead of the pak? I’m tired of paks and pak 1/1s. I’m only not tired of ezhovas in that general area

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back