Chusovitina will attempt to qualify to Paris 2024, would be her 9th Olympics!

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I wish Chuso would have learned a Shaposh and Ezhova back when the open code came into being. Her uneven bars for the past couple decades have been hampered by having no useful bar changes. It's tragic she's continued to do nothing but the overshoot, eating .5 deduction every time just to have something to get down to the low bar, and then doing a stumpy toe-shoot back to the HB.

At this point it would be better if she completely ignored the low bar, except for starting the routine with a straight jump over LB to HB mount. Follow it up with a Clear-hip, Toe-on, Giant 1/2, Wenning, Giant 1/1, Giant, Dismount and she should score 2 points better than what she's been doing. That's 4.0 D-score with very little to deduct (it's impressive her dismount is still super crisp).

I wish Chuso would have learned a Shaposh and Ezhova back when the open code came into being. Her uneven bars for the past couple decades have been hampered by having no useful bar changes. It's tragic she's continued to do nothing but the overshoot, eating .5 deduction every time just to have something to get down to the low bar, and then doing a stumpy toe-shoot back to the HB.

At this point it would be better if she completely ignored the low bar, except for starting the routine with a straight jump over LB to HB mount. Follow it up with a Clear-hip, Toe-on, Giant 1/2, Wenning, Giant 1/1, Giant, Dismount and she should score 2 points better than what she's been doing. That's 4.0 D-score with very little to deduct (it's impressive her dismount is still super crisp).
That's a really interesting idea.

Agree the dismount is still very good. I suspect the salto mounts and dismounts will be some of the skills she holds on to longest.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Latest posts

Back