British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I can see why they picked Harry. I’d be interested to see where Luke Whitehouse picked up enough points to put him in contention over the two reserves, though.

I can see why they picked Harry. I’d be interested to see where Luke Whitehouse picked up enough points to put him in contention over the two reserves, though.
I expect they think he could make a floor final.

I expect they think he could make a floor final.
Yeah, that would be my guess too. But would it be at the expense of a team medal?

I’m not enough of a number cruncher to go digging through recent results, but it feels like Luke doesn’t have such an established history of multi event high/stable scores to plug the gaps that the others may have.

Exciting to have a less predictable team put out, though!

I think his floor and vault are very useful. I'm more surprised about Joe Fraser he didn't look great at the British or Euros.

Tad confused with Charlotte as reserve, I would have chosen other development squad over her

Tad confused with Charlotte as reserve, I would have chosen other development squad over her
there really weren’t much to pick from when it came to reserves. It seems like BG want to keep her in the fold, potentially through her NCAA career. This is a good way of doing it

Saw this on IG.

Attachments

• C1209FCB-8D1F-415B-A93B-77599CBDC14A.jpeg
    C1209FCB-8D1F-415B-A93B-77599CBDC14A.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 20
Very happy they didn't just take the higher ranking AA'er (James Hall) for "backup", this is how team selection should almost always be. Courtney or Luke was the correct choice for the 5th slot. Courtney would be better for the team score, but Luke's floor definitely has big chances of winning a medal, that's important.

For funding purposes, are WAG and MAG ) funded separately or both lumped in as artistic gymnastics?

Is Kinsella still training an Amanar? Even though they have 3.5 gymnasts left with functional limbs, I am so blown away by the progress the team has made in the post-Tweddle era.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back