British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What happened to the Gadirova Twins and Fragapane?
Jennifer has been dealing with unspecified injuries for about 2 years. Jessica did her ACL at worlds last year. Both are hoping to be back for 2025. Ondine was injured around a month ago, still intends to go to Cal this semester. Claudia retired about a year ago

Attachments

• 2079232D-712C-435D-9BAE-AFE24A59D061.jpeg
    2079232D-712C-435D-9BAE-AFE24A59D061.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 63
Yeah, that would be my guess too. But would it be at the expense of a team medal?

I’m not enough of a number cruncher to go digging through recent results, but it feels like Luke doesn’t have such an established history of multi event high/stable scores to plug the gaps that the others may have.

Exciting to have a less predictable team put out, though!
apart from being double European floor champion?

Abigail roper and Mali Morgan are rumoured to be injured, hence not being selected. But from the development squad I’d chosen Grace Davies
Absolutely I would have picked Grace Davies too. Would have been great experience for her.

Hopefully not, she already has enough to focus on as the key AA'er for the team. I'm okay with Ruby going for it, she only needs to do VT+FX in team final.
It's not just about the team for her though. She is one of a handful of gymnasts below the top 3 that have scored 55+ internationally and would be in the running for a medal if Jones has a bad day or Andrade has a terrible day. She has some decisions to make.

@RichardL , I strongly disagree. Unless Rebeca Andrade or Shi Jones has a MAJOR issue, there will be a big gap between bronze and fourth. The 3 top gymnasts all have no weak apparatus. Every other gymnast does.

@RichardL , I strongly disagree. Unless Rebeca Andrade or Shi Jones has a MAJOR issue, there will be a big gap between bronze and fourth. The 3 top gymnasts all have no weak apparatus. Every other gymnast does.
I guess I'm worried about Jones! But you're right, she's won medals with imperfect performances already, so of course she should be considered solidly third by herself if all goes well.

Yes, and the 2.5 doesn’t give a big buffer against a good DTY now.
True, but we also haven't really seen this tested much this quad. I'd be curious to see if judges are more lenient on E score deductions for DTYs and Amanars of equal quality, but no one throws Amanars anymore! Carey and Andrade both won their World titles with DTYs, and Biles does the YDP. Maybe this is why I really want Chiles and Kinsella to bring them out for Paris.

I was checking in with @Denn and I actually don't think there have been any Amanars performed in this quad. Can that be right? I'm really interested in getting a data point about how the judges would evaluate an Amanar in this Code that's performed roughly equally to a DTY (in terms of form, height, distance, chest position upon landing, etc). My guess is that they would be more generous.

I was checking in with @Denn and I actually don't think there have been any Amanars performed in this quad. Can that be right? I'm really interested in getting a data point about how the judges would evaluate an Amanar in this Code that's performed roughly equally to a DTY (in terms of form, height, distance, chest position upon landing, etc). My guess is that they would be more generous.
The only one I can think of in major competition is Ruby's last year in worlds prelims. Which was splatted so not much use as a data point.

there was a closed comp / Olympic prep recently, there’s some footage on various instagrams. Looks like Alice is committed to that 2.5:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back