24-25 Coaching Changes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Not that I think it will happen, but what happens next year if they finish behind LSU, Florida, Kentucky and Arkansas?
Nothing. I doubt anyone expects them to make that significant of a jump in 1 off season with almost the same team competing.

I don't believe Georgia's recruiting classes for the next couple of years are ranked all that high.

As for transfers, does anyone know if gymnasts can still enter the portal? If the window is closed, the only way someone can enter the transfer portal is when a head coaches leaves. I'm 99% certain that an assistant leaving a program does not open up additional opportunities for gymnasts to enter the portal.

I don't believe Georgia's recruiting classes for the next couple of years are ranked all that high.

As for transfers, does anyone know if gymnasts can still enter the portal? If the window is closed, the only way someone can enter the transfer portal is when a head coaches leaves. I'm 99% certain that an assistant leaving a program does not open up additional opportunities for gymnasts to enter the portal.
Next year's class looked fairly good at regionals last month:

Nyla Aquino 2nd in the AA
Emma Mason was 3rd in AA and 2nd on UB and FX
Harlyn Tomlin was 6th in the AA and 2nd on V and UB
Sadie Jane Berry was 3rd in AA 1st on BB and 2nd on UB

We'll have to see how they do at Nationals next week.

Next year's class looked fairly good at regionals last month:

Nyla Aquino 2nd in the AA
Emma Mason was 3rd in AA and 2nd on UB and FX
Harlyn Tomlin was 6th in the AA and 2nd on V and UB
Sadie Jane Berry was 3rd in AA 1st on BB and 2nd on UB

We'll have to see how they do at Nationals next week.
And they also have an elite coming in from Belgium.

Not sure if people know, but Greg Marsden’s social media accounts include an up to date spreadsheet on coaching changes in the off-season. Gina’s removal from the Alabama coaching roster was documented on 4/30.

Additional: Lucas Wasson gone from Ohio State, Kyla Bryant gone from Arkansas, obviously Koltakov gone from Nebraska, and openings at San Jose State, Air Force, SEMO.

Larissa Libby resigned from Iowa.

1715614582805.png

Iowa and Larissa Libby reach settlement.

HOLY CRAP. Jen Llewellyn is moving from Washington to Iowa as head coach.
Jessa Hansen has been placed back as assistant coach.

I am kind of surprised Jen left Washington for Iowa.
Washington has been a stronger team, and her family is in Washington. Maybe there was a big money offer she couldn't resist.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back