2024 Week 8: 2/19/24-2/25/24

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I'm going to the Cal Berkeley Regionals but I can't remember the format for the 3 days of Regionals. Is the first day for lower ranked teams like a play in, and the last two days are for the seeded teams (and what is the seeding)? Is the Cal team guaranteed to be at the Cal Regional? Any and all info on Regionals is much appreciated! Thank you!

Also, does anyone want to meet up at Regionals?

I'm going to the Cal Berkeley Regionals but I can't remember the format for the 3 days of Regionals. Is the first day for lower ranked teams like a play in, and the last two days are for the seeded teams (and what is the seeding)? Is the Cal team guaranteed to be at the Cal Regional? Any and all info on Regionals is much appreciated! Thank you!

Also, does anyone want to meet up at Regionals?
First day is the play-in. Then the two semifinals. Then the final. There is a day off in between the final and the semifinals. So Thursday, Friday, Sunday Unless they changed it from last season, that's how it worked when I went to the Pitt regional.

If I could afford it, I'd totally be at the Berkeley regional! Cal is going to be there regardless of rank because they are hosting. Cal was at the Pitt regional and I could see the makings of a team that would be able to challenge for a top seed. I'm glad they've proved this season that their regional win last year wasn't a fluke.

Arkansas Regional
1 Oklahoma
8 Michigan State
9 Alabama 12 Arkansas
16 Minnesota

Michigan Regional
2 LSU
7 Michigan
10 UCLA
15 Ohio State

Florida Regional
4 Utah
5 Florida
12 Arkansas 9 Alabama
13 Missouri

Cal Regional
3 Cal
6 Kentucky
11 Denver
14 Auburn

Not 100% sure with Alabama and Arkansas swap because Arkansas is host, but both are #3 seeds and #11 Denver and #10 UCLA are in regionals where there is already a host, so Alabama is the only option, I believe. Unless they swapped Arkansas with Minnesota, but Minnesota is that regionals 4th seed.

Having 4 host sites this year with teams in the top 16 make it VERRRRRY tricky.

If things stand, I think there's a reasonable chance Arkansas could upset MSU for a nationals spot ala Denver last year. They seem to compete much better at home, and they have a higher ceiling this year than last.

Arkansas Regional
1 Oklahoma
8 Michigan State
9 Alabama 12 Arkansas
16 Minnesota

Michigan Regional
2 LSU
7 Michigan
10 UCLA
15 Ohio State

Florida Regional
4 Utah
5 Florida
12 Arkansas 9 Alabama
13 Missouri

Cal Regional
3 Cal
6 Kentucky
11 Denver
14 Auburn

Not 100% sure with Alabama and Arkansas swap because Arkansas is host, but both are #3 seeds and #11 Denver and #10 UCLA are in regionals where there is already a host, so Alabama is the only option, I believe. Unless they swapped Arkansas with Minnesota, but Minnesota is that regionals 4th seed.

Having 4 host sites this year with teams in the top 16 make it VERRRRRY tricky.
I know they don't take it into account but swapping Arkansas with Bama instead of Minnesota also rewards the #1 seed rather than making their regional harder and (in this case) the #4 team getting the 'easier' combination of teams

Wouldnt they move denver since its the next closest seed? Its all speculation anyway, there is definitely going to be movement, especially after the conference championship meets. Either way its going to make some very tight regionals.

Arkansas couldn't switch with Denver because Cal is a host.
They would just swap the 3 seeds.
Michigan, Cal, and Florida are also hosts so it complicates things.

There will be movement for sure in NQS but as the season winds down, so does rankings.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back