2024 Week 8: 2/19/24-2/25/24

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender

Oklahoma just broke their score record.

I only caught the first 3 rotations of Big Five before switching to Winter Cup, but Spencer makes it sound like scoring across NCAA meets tonight is extra bat shit insane. Who cares what the code says, 9.95 for everyone!

The Florida meet was crazy. 9.9's for underrotated vaults. I thought LSU was better.

The OU beam rotation sounded like it was great, but I haven't seen the actual routines.

The Florida scores were crazy, but LSU lost it on beam. Both teams were pretty even throughout, just like every Florida-LSU meet

mcClain is SO overrated as an Elite.. The commentators almost come every time they talk about her elite experience 🙄 What elite experience, she was injured most of the time! She did not achieve anything big.
I know it is not her fault and she seems to be adjusting just fine to college, but the commentators really annoy me

I get what you are saying about McClain but she was a senior National All Around champion and only one NCAA athlete other than McClain can claim that.
She was also a World Team member in 2021.
So while her senior elite career was very short, she still accomplished a lot in the short period of time. I can see why they would talk about her elite career over someone like Amari Drayton.

I hope the OU meet ends up on YouTube so we can see if that is a legit score or OU favoritism.

LSU and Florida scoring was batshit.

Oh 100%, there is no way she is returning to elite.
She's done floor a few times and she's shown VT in training. But FX and VT are the hardest line ups to break into.
Bars was weak coming in so that is why we see here there (and she's great there) and also Schoenherr.

She's been training a DTY too, which would presumably take more work to get into competition shape. That said, I'll be shocked if we see her make a serious run for Paris.

No sign of the OU meet yet on YouTube. I was really hoping to see it, but it seems that fewer of their meets have been making their way to YouTube this year.

That McClain has yet to break into the vault or floor lineups, and she seems limited to one of bars and beam each week more often than not, does not exactly scream she's going to actually return to elite this spring.
LSU usually does not put freshmen in the AA. Jay said he wanted to pace her.

Sorry no, she did not accomplish anything big in elite, not like a LOT of others before her, also in NCAA.
She made one worlds, did not win any world medals, was national champ once, she was alright in national competition but nowhere near anything in international competition.
Again not against her but against the commentators who reach orgasm whenever she moves and start blabbering about her fantastic elite career 🙄

The Florida meet was crazy. 9.9's for underrotated vaults. I thought LSU was better.

The OU beam rotation sounded like it was great, but I haven't seen the actual routines.
The beam rotation was as good as you will see. Any of the last 4 routines could have gone 10 and I don't think any outrage would have occurred.

The beam rotation was as good as you will see. Any of the last 4 routines could have gone 10 and I don't think any outrage would have occurred.
Yeah, beam was absolutely lights out. The only issues I saw were a few very slight balance corrections, and some soft knees.

They got a couple of laughable gifts on floor and one on vault, but on the whole the scoring was ... reasonable by today's standards. It definitely wasn't an LSU am-I-on-an-acid-trip kind of situation.

Last edited:
Michigan State wins the regular season Big Ten title for the 2nd year in a row and also the 1st time outright.

Michigan won their session of Big Fives with a higher score than Michigan State won theirs, so it sets up for an exciting championship meet next month.

I believe Ohio State and Minnesota will get the other two night session spots. Both teams can challenge for the title, so overall that night session will be excellent of a watch.

Cal went 198.400 to break their school record with Lauzon getting a 10 on beam and E. Frazier getting a 10 on floor.

Cal went 198.400 to break their school record with Lauzon getting a 10 on beam and E. Frazier getting a 10 on floor.
It was a really good meet. Cal was on fire, though definitely got some gifts, however, this was an away meet held at UCLA. I thought Cal's performance was on level with contending with LSU and Oklahoma for a team title. Lots of sticky dismounts.
They definitely outperformed UCLA.

I think Cal should win Pac 12 if they hit.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back