2025 Covid year YAY or NAY (final year of Covid +1 year)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Michigan’s had highly ranked classes in the past few years and we’ve seen very little of those gymnasts. They’ve either been chronically injured or just not making lineups. Next year is going to be interesting because Michigan’s absolutely going to need those freshmen.

I think rebuilding will be good for Michigan; they've been relying on their senior/super seniors for far too long and not developing their underclassmen.

She has been at UCLA since January but didn't compete so she will red-shirt this season.

Didn't know she had a year left of eligibility. She was 5th year this year so next year is 6th!

Haleigh Bryant is taking a fifth year. Not too surprising, IMO. Not sure when she decided, but the high of winning Nationals probably hasn't hurt.

LSU faithful have to be over the moon and already planning a second trophy with this announcement. Happy that these 5th years can take advantage of one more year doing a sport they love and dedicate so much to. Just kinda done with the COVID year thing for sure. Thankful this is the last of it.

Just kinda done with the COVID year thing for sure. Thankful this is the last of it.

hallelujah GIF

Well I think we might have another year of it based on eligible athletes that may have red-shirted at some point. But that would be a very small amount of athletes.

Bryant not surprised. She has nothing to lose, is doing her best gymnastics, can take advantage of NIL-even more so given her achievements this year.

Given Levasseur and Davis (and Smith) are not returning to Oklahoma for 5th years, LSU has to be looked at as a favorite again next year. Despite the overflow of talent Oklahoma has, that is 11 routines from post-season to replace. Easily done with the freshman coming in, but you can't immediately replace that level of experience. Davis had something like a 99% hit rate all four years I think.

KJ said in post meet press session that Davis and Levasseur are not returning to OU for 5th years.

Whether Davis transfers to another school for a 5th year IDK.

If I'm pretty much any other coach, I'm calling Audrey Davis and asking her what grad program she's interested in and find oodles of NIL money for her.

KJ said in post meet press session that Davis and Levasseur are not returning to OU for 5th years.

Whether Davis transfers to another school for a 5th year IDK.
KJ only said Kat isn't returning.

Audrey hasn't said anything yet but isn't graduating from OU until 2025 so it's highly likely she takes the 5th year. Her long term boyfriend also works in OKC so chances of her transferring are low.

I could have sworn she said both aren't returning....guess we will see.

Originally Abby Heiskell wasn't returning to UM and she changed her mind.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure she just said Kat.

KJ must be saying a little prayer every night that Audrey returns ... because you're right Rich, that's a lot of lost routines if she doesn't.

Alyona Shchennikova is doing the same "Dear gymnastics..." tease that Haleigh Bryant did last week, so I'm guessing she's returning too.
edit: I originally said Polina. Definitely on too much post-surgery pain meds right now...

Last edited:

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back