NCAA Seniors COVID year eligibility Yay or Nay!

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Victoria and Alyssa did something similar, thanking their teammates and the assistant coaches but did not mention Kupets.

Last edited:
Norah might decide to stay with different coaching. A new head coach usually brings in their own people so UCLA might be quite different.

Ah! So Brown gets a 6th year because she was able to red-shirt her 5th year season…2022 as she was injured in January and had competed in less than 30% of the meets.
Great news that she is going to return though I am curious what she will end up competing. Maybe just bars and beam.
Denver is getting back everyone including all seniors for an additional year so they are in good shape to improve drastically from this year where they still exceeded everyone’s expectations.

Yeah, Michigan didn’t have anymore scholarships open and the one they had went to Wojick.

Florida’s Halley Taylor has announced she’s taking a fifth year, which has surprised me. Now, I wonder how much longer it’ll be before the announcement that everyone is waiting to hear.

which has surprised me
I don’t think she was ever on scholarship, so there wouldn’t be any problem with her taking a 5th year since she did 4 years as a walk-on. After not competing much her first few seasons and getting injured this year, she probably wants redemption.

I’m guessing the decision of whose scholarship(s) to drop if Trinity and Nya both want to take a 5th year is why it’s taking so long for their announcements.

Last edited:
I’m guessing the decision of whose scholarship(s) to drop if Trinity and Nya both want to take a 5th year is why it’s taking so long for their announcements.
I am pretty sure that Rowland reserved scholarships for all her seniors. Only DiCello was signed.
Part of the reason JaFree Scott changed to Georgia is that they didn’t offer her the scholarships.

Halley is a 3rd generation Gator, she was taking another year regardless. She was awarded a one year scholarship I believe last year when they had an extra slot. But she is one of those bleed orange and blue.

I believe they are waiting for one more transfer. But honestly things have been pretty quiet for the last couple of weeks that I haven’t heard anything.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back