2024 Winter Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

CaMarah fights through bars. Wasn't pretty, but she stayed on, somehow.
She should get a bonus for not dismounting (and then spending forever by chalk bowl) and not so many extra swings either so she saved everyone's time fighting through.

Top 8 (sorry, couldn't catch scores!)
1. Kayla DiCello
2. Skye Blakely
3. Hezley Rivera
4. Trinity Thomas
5. Dulcy Caylor
6. Addison Fatta
7. Reese Esponda
8. Norah Christan

But Chiles and Miller were sent to Baku even before Winter Cup, so I am not sure how it works...???
In order to get a March assignment the stipulation is that a gymnast must compete here to be considered. This is why Suni attended, for Baku consideration.
This is why Gabby was also coming, but she withdrew so is not eligible. Neither is Miller nor Chiles since they withdrew, though they were on the provisional list.

Almost all FIG meets have a provisional list that is due for registration purposes, but names can be changed.

Big story here is Kayla DiCello. She could potentially usurp Shilese at this point if Shi still gets flakey about actually putting upgrades into routines. That could make the team selection very, very complicated is Suni and Gabby's comebacks materialize to the best of their abilities.

Big story here is Kayla DiCello. She could potentially usurp Shilese at this point if Shi still gets flakey about actually putting upgrades into routines. That could make the team selection very, very complicated is Suni and Gabby's comebacks materialize to the best of their abilities.
Kayla looked good, but not better than Shilese good. There was some generous scoring today. But Kayla certainly made a statement today.

In order to get a March assignment the stipulation is that a gymnast must compete here to be considered. This is why Suni attended, for Baku consideration.
This is why Gabby was also coming, but she withdrew so is not eligible. Neither is Miller nor Chiles since they withdrew, though they were on the provisional list.

Almost all FIG meets have a provisional list that is due for registration purposes, but names can be changed.
Thanks for explaining.
Does it also mean USA has now two spots in Baku open (if they want to send anyone?) Just two, they can't go for more if they want, or can they?
ETA: I believe Belgium didn't register any WAG for Baku, can they still do?

USA registered for 2 spots (Miller and Chiles)
BEL registered for 3 spots (Brassart, Pinxton, O'Driscoll)

All the junior routines have been posted on USAG you tube channel.

I'm eagerly awaiting the seniors being posted because I want to see how Norah Christian looked. Her 8th place finish today took me by surprise.

Kayla looked good, but not better than Shilese good. There was some generous scoring today. But Kayla certainly made a statement today.
Yeah, some of the beam scores in particular seemed high for the number of wobbles.

If you take Simone and Shilese as a given, you need 1 more great score for each event. If Kayla can stand out on FX in addition to being solid everywhere else, I think she has a better shot than she did last time. Whoever can get a Cheng consistent (and I'll be honest, I don't think it will be Skye) will be on the team and then you want someone for UB. I wouldn't take anyone on BB strength alone because.. BB.

All the junior routines have been posted on USAG you tube channel.

I'm eagerly awaiting the seniors being posted because I want to see how Norah Christian looked. Her 8th place finish today took me by surprise.
I want to see CaMarah Williams beam. I saw all her routines but beam. Either I missed it because I came late and fast forwarded or (more likely) they didn't show it at all.

I want to see CaMarah Williams beam. I saw all her routines but beam. Either I missed it because I came late and fast forwarded or (more likely) they didn't show it at all.
I'm 99% sure they didn't show CaMarah on beam. I watched from the beginning and never saw her.

Yeah, and I feel like they contribute different qualities. Shilese can bring big difficulty, whereas Kayla's main strengths are steadiness and versatility.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back