2024 US Nationals MAG Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

RedBirdie

Staff member
Defender
All times local (central) time

5/30: Juniors, 1:30 pm. Live on USAG YouTube
5/30: Seniors, 7:00 pm. Live on Peacock (US) and USAG YouTube (outside US)

6/1: Juniors, 1:30 pm. Live on USAG YouTube
6/1: Seniors, 7:00 pm. Live on Peacock (US) and USAG YouTube (outside US)

Live scores: https://myusagym.com/meets/live/89744/

On the international feed we got a painful national anthem and now a guy struggling on fx. Might have to get cnbc working...

Brody on FX, has a bionic knee brace. OOB and some hops but a stuck landing. I can't judge men's difficulty but it looked okay, not top shelf maybe but you probably don't want that at this point in the season.

I like the little scoreboard in the corner on NBC, with the extra little bit of information on the athlete they're currently showing (just name and event, but nice when I can't really hear the commentary and don't know the faces well)

so when a venue is as empty as this one is, is it allowable to move seats to have a better view (as long as you vacate if the actual ticket holder does show up?)

eta: also, if I had to cut an event from men's gymnastics, rings would be first up on the chopping block.

I'm sad it's so empty. I don't see any kids in the audience either. I guess this will run too late on a school night.

At this point USAG should just be giving every club in Texas with a boys program free tickets to the men's meets just to fill the stands some. Free tickets for the gymnasts and their entire family, bring grandma, bring your neighbors, just fill the arena even a quarter of the way damn.

Of course as I type this I now hear some kids with the between-rotation crowd hype man lol.

so when a venue is as empty as this one is, is it allowable to move seats to have a better view (as long as you vacate if the actual ticket holder does show up?)

eta: also, if I had to cut an event from men's gymnastics, rings would be first up on the chopping block.
I've always felt like there were really good reasons why rings were cut from women's gymnastics.

I'm sad it's so empty. I don't see any kids in the audience either. I guess this will run too late on a school night.

At this point USAG should just be giving every club in Texas with a boys program free tickets to the men's meets just to fill the stands some. Free tickets for the gymnasts and their entire family, bring grandma, bring your neighbors, just fill the arena even a quarter of the way damn.

Of course as I type this I now hear some kids with the between-rotation crowd hype man lol.
Most schools in the area are out already, but it's still late for young kids and parents who have to work the next day. But I don't understand why they aren't putting tickets out through community centers, summer camp programs, etc.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back