2024 Core Hydration Classic

2024 US Classic: Hartford

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I assume Madray Johnson is also missing from podium training? I've not seen her name mentioned one way or another.

Laura722, any notes from session 1? Standouts, major splats?

Laura722, any notes from session 1? Standouts, major splats?
It was kinda splat-filled, but I think the gymnasts were getting used to the equipment.

I saw Simone Rose and Jayla Hang fall on their UB releases. They had some beam falls too. Jayla just did a nice DTY on vault. I missed them on floor.

I saw Laurent and Cecile helping Reese with her UB, and they seemed really positive with her, giving her high fives.

CaMarah Williams kept trying to get her sideways back tuck on beam and was falling on it.

I wish I had more to say, but I don't know these gymnasts by name as well.

I will go back and re-watch later.

Curious about Ashlee Sullivan. She's at Metroplex now, yet it seems like the rest of the Metroplex gymnasts made it to Hartford? Wonder why she was booked to fly in later than everyone else.

Very solid beam set from Chiles.

Good UB set from Blakely. Roberson fell on her acro series.

They’re going to be so tired.
For the younger ones,, maybe the flight stress will eat up the competition stress and they'll actually be more relaxed and not in their heads as much. Hezley seems to have a lot of potential but doesn't seem able to put it all together in competition.

'Course this is where someone with Gabby's experience should be able to lean on it (and her age) and just get the job done.

Juniors:
1715954945036.png

Back L-R: Tyler Turner, Claire Pease, Caroline Moreau, Sadie Goldberg, Charleigh Bullock, Alessia Rosa, Maliha Tressel
Front L-R: Lavi Crain, Great Krob, Lila Richardson, Trinity Wood, Kylie Smith, Harrlow Buddendeck

I don't see Jaysha McClendon, but she's on the roster and start list.

Scott Bregman is live tweeting session 2 podium training:

Konnor - If she did a full beam set, I missed it. Fell on her standing full, but beautiful two-foot layout series. Got back on beam and hit the standing full.

Gabby did another UB routine sans dismount. Close to the bar on one of her releases. I would say she looks improved from American Classic, but it's early.

I missed most of the gymnasts on floor for this rotation - Jade and Kayla.

Gabby on beam - Full set sans dismount. She added the standing full back into her routine. Several balance checks but she stayed on. That ring leap is horrible though.

Layout Jaeger from Shilese.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back