2024 US Olympic Trials

2024 U.S. Olympics Trials WAG/MAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

In a BTS interview on Gymcastic with Sarah Korngold, she said she has seen the Trials leos.

So that confirms there will be two set leos for Trials again this year.

Yes and someone will post a dodgy link to some nbc stream that ends up going down.

My solution bypass all of that, and allows the choice of viewing hundreds of NBC local stations. This is how I watch so many different stations from Russia
This is what it looks like

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 54
My predictions:
US Team:
Simone Biles
Shilese Jones
Jade Carey
Suni Lee
Jordan Chiles

Alternates:
Hezly Rivera
Kayla DiCello
Skye Blakely
Leanne Wong

(I would love to have Hezly on the team though!)

I kind of want to agree, but it's really a toss-up between Chiles and Blakely. And I would love to see DiCello on the team.

While international beam is haunted for Blakely, she actually DID hit bars in Worlds TF last fall.

I think two of the trio Blakely, Carey and Chiles will go, because any of them can medal in vault, and while one of the two will be two-pered, it's always good to have a backup in case Biles '21 or Roberson '23 thing happens.

Carey needs to bring in her floor upgrades in order to stand a chance, Chiles needs consistency (and Amanar wouldn't hurt either). Of course Blakely needs to hit too, but I think out of these three, she has the best chance to make the team as the things are right now.

Blakely would need to miss on both vault AND beam at trials to not make this team. If everyone hits roughly as expected, and Jade shows up with upgraded fx, it’s possible the top 2 on each event can make up the team, maximizing individual medal potential while still having a solid 3rd on each event for team final. That would make it easy on the selection committee.

Biles
Jones
Blakely
Lee
Carey
*Would put Chiles in Carey’s place if Chiles beats her on floor both days a trials

Blakely would need to miss on both vault AND beam at trials to not make this team.

It depends what Jade and Jordan bring. If they are in peak form, including Jordan bringing a vault upgrade, then Skye will need to hit everything. If Shilese doesn't do great on floor that will make things especially interesting, because then the team will want both Jade and Jordan for floor and it will be a question of which you trust more - Skye's beam or Jordan's floor.

Carey needs to bring in her floor upgrades in order to stand a chance, Chiles needs consistency (and Amanar wouldn't hurt either). Of course Blakely needs to hit too, but I think out of these three, she has the best chance to make the team as the things are right now.
I wouldn't rule out DiCello yet though. She can be used anywhere in TF (maybe not beam) but her FX score is up there and her DTY is as strong as Chiles. Carey's Cheng isn't scoring as well, so let us see if she brings the Amanar for Trials.
I do think spot 5 is between Chiles, Carey, and DiCello.
The two that don't make it are 1st and 2nd alternate.
Also think Wong and Rivera will be named the other two alternates. Roberson is still in the hunt but at this point her VT isn't of any meaning to the team, so her best chance is to try to be top 4 on floor.

Right now, my predicted team is:

Biles
Jones
Blakely
Lee
Chiles

Alternates: Carey, DiCello, Wong, and Rivera.

I would prefer Carey or DiCello over Chiles, but Chiles brings a very good and consistent UB set for TFs, as well as being a good vault and floor gymnast. DiCello has been inconsistent on UB, so that's why I give Chiles the edge right now. Carey doesn't score as high as those two on UB, but I'm not counting her out because she is planning upgrades on floor and vault.

Right now, my predicted team is:

Biles
Jones
Blakely
Lee
Chiles

Alternates: Carey, DiCello, Wong, and Rivera.

I would prefer Carey or DiCello over Chiles, but Chiles brings a very good and consistent UB set for TFs, as well as being a good vault and floor gymnast. DiCello has been inconsistent on UB, so that's why I give Chiles the edge right now. Carey doesn't score as high as those two on UB, but I'm not counting her out because she is planning upgrades on floor and vault.
Completely agree with this team going into Trials. Chiles had the 2nd highest single score on both UB and FX at Nationals, and my guess is that we'll see the Amanar soon. She just needs to hit her routines across both days at Trials, which as we know is a tall order. Carey could upset her for the spot if she's beating her on FX and is throwing her usual vaults.

DiCello, Wong, and Rivera are all great alternates, but I wouldn't put any of them up on more than one routine (at most) in TF, so they aren't worth bringing if the others are healthy.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back