2024 MAG Qualification Subdivision 1 (GER, USA, MG 5, GBR, MG 4, CAN)Saturday, July 27 5:00 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Putting Nederosick on the team was a risk - if he didn’t hit in qualifying then he’s just there for a single TF score. Luckily he did his job.

Putting Brody on the team was a no-brainer, but still not a sure bet on such a big stage. Brody’s post-meet interview looked MISERABLE. He’s going to have some mental work to do before Monday.

Paul Juda’s post-meet interview was maybe the happiest and most adorable thing I’ve ever seen in my life

Attachments

• IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
Some felt that the team didn't need Brody. I was one of them. They won a team bronze last year without him.

Brody earned his spot on the team fair and square. But I wish Khoi had made the team instead.

2023 Khoi absolutely.

2024 Khoi wasn’t going to be any less injured unfortunately. His injury needs rest to heal and there’s no time for rest between Trials and the Olympics. He would have either been the same rough that he was at Trials or worse.

I’m wondering if Malone really was feeling sick earlier in the week and USAG was maybe misinformed in it’s reporting that he wasn’t.

IMG_7087.jpeg

My view for sub 1 😍

I think we are going to see some very high scores this games. I noted the 8.8 for SN on PH and 8.6 something for Hong on SR.

I was shaking during Whitlock’s PH…so stressful when he used to be one I trusted. Really impressed with GB and quite something to see Fraser and Jarman so close in AA. 🤞 for the borderline event finalists.

Gutted we’ve lost so many potential medalists already (HB, PH), but that’s always the way in quals.

Have seen the sickness thing come up a few times elsewhere now. I didn't think Brody was visibly ill in the same way as, say, Shang Chungsong was still clearly under the weather in Rio prelims and then looked loads better a few days later. But it isn't always noticeable.

Overall, disappointment; as Brody is my favorite US male gymnast. Devastated for him. Hope he can rebound and he can possibly help win a medal for US with the Team.

Fred Richard did very well; though, I kinda expected a liiiittle bit more from him on key events.

Impressed by Nedoroscik, Hong, and especially Juda. Holy cow, did Juda come through. So happy for him and his joy and pride is infectious -- it's what the Olympics should be all about.

2023 Khoi absolutely.

2024 Khoi wasn’t going to be any less injured unfortunately. His injury needs rest to heal and there’s no time for rest between Trials and the Olympics. He would have either been the same rough that he was at Trials or worse.

I’m wondering if Malone really was feeling sick earlier in the week and USAG was maybe misinformed in it’s reporting that he wasn’t.
Yeah, Khoi is injured and it was miserable watching him at Trials in pain. He wasn’t going based on being visibly injured and struggling. Brody unfortunately just had an implosion at the worst time but who saw that coming.

Brody has always had a great mental game. Maybe this is a one off.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back