2024 MAG Qualification Subdivision 1 (GER, USA, MG 5, GBR, MG 4, CAN)Saturday, July 27 5:00 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What would cause his mental game to blow up now…

Well that was a pretty weak showing. Better for them to have their fuckups in prelims than finals I guess.
I don't think it matters so much for TFs. The US on a pretty bad day losing to GB on a pretty good day isn't huge in itself. The bronze still seems pretty open.

The problem is more about individual finals, I think. The US are one of those teams where they could end up with loads of EFs or hardly any depending on how it goes. They seem to have a lot where they're on the cusp.

I am glad the U.S. men finished behind GB. It'll take pressure off them for TF, where I think they may medal.

Where do we reckon we are with EFs?

I would say a few dead certs in that sub but a lot of questions. Jarman on floor, Nedoroscik and Whitlock on pommels, Petrounias on rings, Hepworth and Benovic on vault, Dauser on PB and Srbic on high bar all look safe. I think everyone else is still a close call.

I don't think it matters so much for TFs. The US on a pretty bad day losing to GB on a pretty good day isn't huge in itself. The bronze still seems pretty open.

The problem is more about individual finals, I think. The US are one of those teams where they could end up with loads of EFs or hardly any depending on how it goes. They seem to have a lot where they're on the cusp.
Yeah, looks like Stephen is the only definite EF berth at this point. Asher probably for Rings, mayyybe Fred for High Bar and Asher for Vault. Not what I would have expected.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back