2024 Asian Championships

2024 Asian Gymnastics Championships

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So happy for Emma! That's exactly how I wanted it!
Anyone knows how Tripartite Commission quota spot works?
"Two more spots (one man and one woman) will be awarded through the Tripartite Commission. In order to be eligible for a Tripartite Commission quota spot, an NOC has to have an average of no more than eight athletes in individual sports over the previous two Games."
So could it be potentially awarded to Aida, since she was so close?

"Two more spots (one man and one woman) will be awarded through the Tripartite Commission. In order to be eligible for a Tripartite Commission quota spot, an NOC has to have an average of no more than eight athletes in individual sports over the previous two Games."
They won’t award it because someone was really really close, but she could get it for a different reason.

What’s in her bars routine?
Sorry for delay in responding, went to sleep but got to wake up to finding Emma made it, yay!

She didn’t do a singe bar release, just a Pak and VL, toe full and double layout dismount. She did a blind to front giant half after the toe full(I think) and barely made it over, had a full knee bend on that and the giant after but kept it going.

Kazakhstan send much bigger delegations than that. Usually over 100.

I think I read somewhere for gymnastics, the WAG tripartite spot is likely to go to Iceland. There's just so few countries that meet the criteria and have gymnasts. Although I did also see that perhaps Haiti is another option, now that Lynzee Brown is competing for them.

I believe there is a (not disclosed) minimum score, but the gymnasts from Chad seem to be exactly what the tripartite spot was developed for.

Iceland had 8 athletes at the 2016 games so seemingly would not meet the fewer than 8 athletes at last 2 games?

The Triparte spot is based on Worlds in 2023.

The only athletes that meet the criteria are:
Thelma Adalsteindottier (ISL) 49.099
Lynzee Brown (HAI) 47.766
There was another ISL gymnast, M.L. Kristindottier (45.965) that competed in Anthwerp AA qualifications. However, Adalsteindottier placed above her.

Adalsteindottier is likely the invitation, but FIG could decide to send Haiti for the 1st time.

Iceland had 8 athletes at the 2016 games so seemingly would not meet the fewer than 8 athletes at last 2 games?
Its an average over the previous 2 Olympics. Iceland sent only 4 athletes in 2020.
So the two Olympic average is 6 athletes (8+4=12, divide by 2)

6 is under the average of 8 for two Olympics. That is the criteria for Triparte.

Iceland had 27 athletes in London and 8 athletes in Rio, so they were not part of the Triparte last Olympics.

What about one of the gymnasts from Chad?
Chad didn't compete at Worlds in 2023 so they are not eligible.
1716570096182.png

Last edited:
The Triparte spot is based on Worlds in 2023.

The only athletes that meet the criteria are:
Thelma Adalsteindottier (ISL) 49.099
Lynzee Brown (HAI) 47.766
There was another ISL gymnast, M.L. Kristindottier (45.965) that competed in Anthwerp AA qualifications. However, Adalsteindottier placed above her.

Adalsteindottier is likely the invitation, but FIG could decide to send Haiti for the 1st time.

There was a post I think on Reddit a while ago that Iceland were effectively asked to choose between the MAG and WAG universality spots and have chosen MAG, so Adalsteinsdottir is out if that is the case, leaving Brown the only possible applicant from Worlds. (This seems kind of harsh on Adalsteinsdottir considering she ranked higher than the MAG athlete at Worlds)

However, while it seems to have been assumed for recent Olympics that the universality spot will be determined by results at Worlds, that doesn't appear to be stated in the rules as far as I can tell. Gymnasts do have to take part in a qualifying event, but this year's continental championships meet that. The discussion about Chad definitely sounded like they think they are eligible.

Last edited:
However, while it seems to have been assumed for recent Olympics that the universality spot will be determined by results at Worlds, that doesn't appear to be stated in the rules as far as I can tell.
It states in the criteria that the athlete must have competed at the 2023 Worlds.
1716572876101.png

So if the case for Iceland is true, then Lynzee Brown would get the spot.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back