2024 Asian Championships

2024 Asian Gymnastics Championships

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This is not an easy one to follow!

Got the stream on now and the first sub are warming up the second event. North Korea are ahead of Philippines by about a point, they got around 38.5 on beam.

In the continental AA standings, Pak Un Jong is winning with 13.333- big deal on beam. Kim Son Hyang got 12.6. Karmakar 10 something on bars. Malabuyo got 13.033 on vault, so that must mean she did an FTY and it went ok?

Anyone know why Kaitlin Deguzman isn’t on the start list? She has been posting about training days there on her social media.

I don't know why she wasn't on the start list but she's competing. She just scored 10.666 on UB. The camera is too far away to see anyone's faces to be 100% sure it was her but her name came up with the score.

This is not an easy one to follow!

Got the stream on now and the first sub are warming up the second event. North Korea are ahead of Philippines by about a point, they got around 38.5 on beam.

In the continental AA standings, Pak Un Jong is winning with 13.333- big deal on beam. Kim Son Hyang got 12.6. Karmakar 10 something on bars. Malabuyo got 13.033 on vault, so that must mean she did an FTY and it went ok?
Yes Emma did a full and it was solid. Pak Un Jong isn’t doing AA so Emma’s main competition looks to be Kim Son Hyang.

The North Koreans look pretty good through beam and floor. But they are splatting quite a few vaults in touch so we’ll see…

Kim Son Hyang just landed a DTY, not pretty but to her feet. Not looking good for Emma. Emma was clean on beam but don’t think she can catch her. Very solid vault rotation from North Korea, I think all 4 did DTY first vaults?

North Korea seem to all be doing variations on the same bars set, and it's not good. Whippy Paks, dumpy low bar facing giengers and dismounts they can't or barely land. Not a good event for them. Jon Jang Mi has just been up and she stayed on, but her knees nearly buckled on the DLO.

Yeah bars was definitely the roughest for PRK today, the rest of their events looked solid. Is there anyone in the rest of the sessions that can hit 50.4+ and challenge Emma? Anyone from a country that can get the AA slot I mean?

Yeah bars was definitely the roughest for PRK today, the rest of their events looked solid. Is their anyone in the rest of the sessions that can hit 50.4+ and challenge Emma?
Most of the contenders were in this sub.

If there's anyone else, it would be someone from Taiwan I think. They had several in the 48s and 49s at worlds. Not sure whether it would be feasible to improve here. There were people in the comments saying the scoring has been loose, but I only saw a little bit and missed two of the four rotations entirely.

I cannot even begin to imagine either making or missing the Olympics by that margin.

Interesting that North Korea and Taiwan underperformed. I'd expected them to make stronger showings for the continental spot. In the end, Emma's main competition was Central Asian. Aripova slammed into the vault and got a 0, and she'd have only needed 12.1 to be on her way to Paris.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back