2023 World Junior Gymnastic Artistic Championships (3/29-4/2, Antalya, Turkiye)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Maybe, I’m not sure exactly how that would be counted. But on the other apparatus the routine is judged from takeoff on the mount or I think when the gymnast starts on floor, so if someone just got up on the bars and then jumped off or did a few steps of choreo on floor they would have started so they should have a score? There is a specified neutral deduction in the code for a routine with no elements. The FIG would surely find a way to prevent it though.

What a bizarre Junior Worlds so far, with so many favorites not making pivotal finals. Or I guess just Rivera and Kevric, who should have been battling for AA gold. I guess there are always surprises, but the judges were going to give Rivera a high 13 on beam with a hit routine, and it would’ve been good momentum for next year.

I never would’ve guessed that the last two Worlds would have two Japanese women on the beam podium. I mean, I never would’ve guessed that so many gymnasts would literally give up medals in each of those finals with ridiculous mistakes or outfit malfunctions but still, it’s true that they’re on the up.

8.133 seems pretty darn high. There were some significant wobbles, plus the big hop on the dismount. Lovely work and I see the potential for truly execution, but that was not 8+ in my opinion.

Last edited:
The hop on the dismount was actually not big, even though she was too close to the beam. She has the potential to reach 8.4-8.6 E, so still with the wobble on side somi, the score is justifiable.

Last edited:
I appreciate that the commentator is using proper name conventions for the Japanese and Chinese gymnasts.

I was wondering why a different gymnast came out when they announced Izzy Stassi.

Lots of weird twisting technique with these juniors, especially in the double fulls. Like none of them have learned how to properly wrap their arms.

Jayla Hang stumbles on her first pass, nearly falls out of her double wolf turn, and almost headplants on her final pass. Both she and Hezly Rivera need to get their competition head game in place if they want to have a chance for Paris.

Last edited:
I’m not able to watch so following scores and updates
Seems like lots of falls so far according to Twitter

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back