2023 World Junior Gymnastic Artistic Championships (3/29-4/2, Antalya, Turkiye)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
This will be an interesting competition since the 2021 version was cancelled due to COVID.
Turkiye will host another major competition after the 2020 Europeans.

MAG 15-18 year olds can compete (born 2005-2008)
WAG 14-15 year olds can compete (born 2008-2009)

for funsies, current US WAG national team juniors who are eligible:
Jayla Hang
Zoey Molomo
Hezly Rivera
Audrey Snyder
Izzy Stassi

How many can they send?
Total of 4 or 3 gymnasts per team, 3 (or 2) compete and 1 is the designated alternate.
3 up per event, 2 count. So teams can put up 3 and drop a score, OR can put up just 2 and count both scores.

Only countries that qualified in the top 36 AA (1 per NOC) are able to send a full team.

Otherwise they can send 1 individual.

MAG (36)
ARGARMAUSAZE
BELBRABULCAN
CHNEGYESPFIN
FRAGBRGERGRE
HUNIRIITAJPN
KAZKORLATMEX
NORNZLPORROU
RSASWETURTWN
UKRUSAUZBVIE
WAG (36)
ARGAZEBELBRA
BULCANCHNCYP
CZEDENECUEGY
ESPFINFRAGBR
GERGREGUAHUN
ITAJPNKAZKOR
MEXNORPANPOL
PORROUSLOTUR
TWNUKRUSAUZB

Last edited:
The most notable absentee here is probably the Netherlands, because they didn’t attend in 2019 - which I don’t think they would have known at the time was the qualification event for this edition.

The most notable absentee here is probably the Netherlands, because they didn’t attend in 2019 - which I don’t think they would have known at the time was the qualification event for this edition.
I doubt anyone knew.
But they are sending one WAG and one MAG so they both will qualify teams to 2025 Worlds.

Draws are out. https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/events/detail.php?id=17242#loaded Click “Show Files” and select 03 Gymnasts Drawing of Lots Results.

WAG Lost 1_Page_1

WAG Lost 1_Page_2

Welp.
After USA getting drawn for the first subdivision for both senior Worlds in 2022 and now junior Worlds in 2023 (also in 2019) that is squashes the Reddit conspiracy theories that the draw is not really random and the FIG cheats to put USA in the final subdivision at every Worlds.

OH AND LOOK! Belgium in subdivision 5 and China in 6th and final subdivision. Their curse of always being relegated to the first subdivision has ended! 🤣

Last edited:
She is. WAG athletes must be born in 2008 or 2009, and she’s an 08 birthdate.

Not sure how selection is going to play out for the US. Winter Cup is the last weekend in February, and there’s not a national team camp between that and DTB Pokal, Jesolo, and Jr. Worlds. Maybe just straight Winter Cup results? Or a combination of results from the camp that ends today and Winter Cup?

She isn’t qualified for elite at the moment, but she is eligible age-wise
Parker is elite, but she hasn’t qualified to Classics or Winter Cup. She doesn’t have to re-test her compulsories or achieve a qualifying optional score to be considered elite. Once you make your compulsory score and compete 1 event at Winter Cup or Classics, you’re elite for life, unless you decide to drop back to level 10.

Good to know, thanks. I was referring to her not having her optionals score, so I didn’t realize she was still considered elite.

Current Junior National Team members eligible:
Jayla Hang
Zoey Molomo
Hezly Rivera
Audrey Snyder
Izzy Stassi

There is nothing on the elite calendar. But I wonder if they will use Winter Cup as the selection, or if there will be a trials/camp.
This is an odd scenario because juniors have to be “peaked” for Worlds so early in the season.
When I think of March Worlds I think of figure skating, not gymnastics.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back