2023 World Junior Gymnastic Artistic Championships (3/29-4/2, Antalya, Turkiye)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There’s still a ton of qualification sessions to go.

In other news, Argentina had quite the successful day. Currently 3rd, beating teams like Romania, France, Spain, and Brazil.

Twitter user here is in arena and uploading. This links to the BB routine

Last edited:
Thank you. Yikes, this is Kim Kelley levels of disaster. 3 falls. Lots of mission connections. I think she got dance series credit, but if the judges were feeling picky, they could say the split jump straddle jump wasn’t connected.

This composition is a nightmare. I guess no one told her coach that this isn’t JO and they can’t repeat saltos for series credit. If she messed up the first part of her acro series, she has to come up with a whole other one! Crazy stuff there.

If Helen Kevric hits beam for Germany, they will take a 3 point lead over the US on bars and beam. They are strong vaulters too, so watch for Germany to overtake USA.

With Japan and China still to come, the US might end up 4th at the end of the day.

She got a 5.something E score.
Germany still out scored USA there, though, although I dont think they can on FX, so it will be close

Last edited:
ooooofff 9.966 for Kevric.

Beam seems to be getting almost everyone today. Kevric is very experienced and had a nightmare.

Well Germany won’t beat the USA. I think there’s just Japan in sub 5 and China in sub 6 who might have a chance, and I’m putting China in there mostly just because they’re China in the absence of any information about their athletes.

For some context, the US score would have placed 8th in 2019. Jayla Hang’s score which still might make the AA final would have been 58th before applying two per country. The code has changed a bit, but not that much.

Last edited:
Germany can’t catch the US now. 23.699 on floor just knocked them right out of the medal hunt.

Kevric, last year’s European junior champion, will not make the AA final.

Jayla Hang looks in a better position now, 13th with only two subdivisions left.

Absolutely awful day for Helen Kevric.

Germany finished 4th, behind Argentina

There’s only 12 teams and 6 individuals left in the last two subs if I’m reading the start list right. It’s top 24 for AA. Is it 1 or 2pc?

Last edited:
Japan are two tenths up on the US after vault and bars. They have beam next.

Sounds like Helen Kervic only did a Yurchenko no salto off so she would be eligible for EFs. She must be carrying an injury, because she capable of a DTY.

Unless they have a meltdown on FX, Japan should pass the US.
They need a 23.968 to go into the lead, which is and 11.984 average. Should be doable…we will know in about 30 minutes.

Just need a 11.135 from one of the next two gymnasts to go ahead of US.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back