2023 World Junior Gymnastic Artistic Championships (3/29-4/2, Antalya, Turkiye)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oooh, damn Nakamura going in first! She’s been a star this whole competition. So either way, Japan is going to take the gold. It depends if it’s Nakamura or Yamaguchi.

Last edited:
Hang’s beam score has been raised by 0.2. Doesn’t change her position but does mean Yamaguchi needs more to knock her off the podium. 12.367 for bronze.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of these juniors look like babies, not like they’re either eligible for Paris next year or be senior in 2025.

Last edited:
Ooof, OOB for Yamaguchi on her third pass. I think that’ll knock her out of medals.

EDIT: I’m wrong and happy to be.

Last edited:
oooh, stumble and OOB by Yamaguchi on her third pass. Nail biter to get this score.

Big score and Japan goes 1-2!

Unless I’m mistaken, Nakamura and Yamaguchi are both eligible for Paris next year and I’m really excited to see their progression. Given how early Japan chooses their Olympic team, they have less time than others to show readiness.

Last edited:
The automatic subtitle programme that FIG used for the commentary on the stream was hilarious!
a Rufolva - became a “roof over” and
an Onodi was first “an annuity” and then “a no d”

I think the FIG will definitely be rethinking this competition. It seems silly and costly given that at worlds the arena sits empty all morning on finals day. It would also be far more enriching and inspiring for the young gymnasts to travel with and train with their country’s senior team. This works really well for junior Europeans

Problem then is if hardly anyone wants to host senior Worlds as it is who would want to add the juniors? And unless you shrink the juniors you’d need full days for qualifications and podium training.

I hope no one ever retires again. There really isn’t any reason to. I’m happy to see Pauline Schaefer win a beam medal or title every few years, Elizabeth Seitz to win the Olympic gold on UB in like 12 years, Suni Lee to compete a quad wolf turn on beam at the 2032 Olympics at that be her swan song. Helen Kevric will debut something in 2034 that will change the sport forever.

Oh dear, Mizuno Mika had a bad landing and is gripping her knee. It kind of looked like her hand slipped on the table. Props to the feed for intentionally not showing Mizuno receiving medical attention and taken off the podium. And she was the first vaulter for EFs 😬

Last edited:
Fall for Jayla on her first vault. Her hand slipped as well. Looks like they greased the vault today. Excellent second vault. Aw, the Canadian gymnasts getting in their hugs and congrats to Hang. The male commentator points out that she’s shown great recovery from major mistakes and how that’s an important skill to have. Nearly a 14 for her DTY.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back