2023 World Championships & Pan American Games Team Trials (USA)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Roberson is worse. The last two passes being variations of the front layout through to double back, after the first two passes that are the same with one less twist on the second pass, is so hard to stomach.

Ugh Chiles looks injured. The double layout had to hurt.

Also, did she not do a forward tumbling skill?

Shi could win this if she nails bars.

Ugh Jordan 😦 Roberson is going to happen and it’s making me sadder

I hope so! I thought she looked like she crumpled down just before the camera switched to vault. Hope you’re right!

And yet her DTY looked a little scrappy and the judges aren’t willing to score her higher than Roberson on floor it seems, even with several small mistakes from the latter. I don’t think you can ignore the numbers. She’s going to be at Worlds if she makes the Cheng. Right? Is there a way to stop her?

Last edited:
She was 0.35 higher on beam. Not sure what her bars ceiling is.

They were willing to give Chiles the second highest floor score if she hadn’t fallen, so there’s actually a chance that she could be chosen over Roberson if she can show a hit routine. And maybe bonus points to her because she upgraded so heavily after Nationals?

Looks like the named 6 tomorrow are gonna be:

Biles
Jones
Blakely
Wong
Lincoln
Roberson

The question is whether Lincoln or Roberson will end up as alternate. Please Prod, let Roberson be the alternate.

Last edited:
I remain unconvinced Lincoln and Roberson can be on the same team, even if one is alternate. Hopefully Chiles is ok and can hit floor tomorrow(? whenever)

Alicia has been emphatic about prioritizing 2nd vaults. I think Roberson is the inevitable 5th choice with Jade looking rough. I think she and Chellsie know a DTY/Lopez isn’t going to cut it for a 2nd vault medal.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back